£3 off at GAME uk - Multiple use "loophole(?)" here

Hi everybody. Here is something I discovered at GAME online.
I was about to pre-order a selection of games, that I would have bought upon release, with a £3 off voucher code I came across.

Here's the thing. It was suggested to me by a mate on irc that I should not buy them all at once, but buy each game individually. This was a bit of an eye-opener for me, as well as a "duuuuuhhh" moment.

This £3 off code: ID734TJAW takes £3 off your order (my cheapest item was £29.99), but I do not know how long it lasts or if there is a minimum spend.

EDIT: It looks like it could be £30, looking at another thread (sorry), but my cheapest item was £29.99 and I still got the £3 discount, so not sure about that one.

I pre-ordered 4 PC games (Spore, Brothers in Arms: HH, Fallout 3, Far Cry 2) and an Xbox 360 game (Fable 2). The total cost of these came to about £180, however, they are not all released at the same time (I think this selection are released over the next couple of months - yeah, I'm an avid gamer :) ) and GAME only charge your card upon dispatch.

This means that I have until around 2 days before the release date to cancel should I change my mind. I have saved £15, by ordering each game separately and applying the ID734TJAW code each time. I also selected the Free Delivery option.

In addition to this, GAME offers double points for pre-orders, so I earned about 3000 - 4000 points (about 10-12 quid).

That's a total saving of around 25-27 quid on a bunch of games I would have bought anyway, and the 10-12 pounds of reward points I can use for the next game (In fact i'll probably save them for now ;) )

I called this a loophole, because it feels like it should be. If GAME decide to be stingy and take away the discount on 4 of the items, I still have made a £3 discount and the reward points. I'll update on any changes.

Hope this helps!!

Source: Found on Retailmenot.com (sparse details)

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport