Lotions and potions for big open pores????

I recently bought some Clarins stuff for reducing the size of pores on the face. I took some time deciding to get that at about £15 or the Estee Lauder Idealist at £34 (which is apparently VERY worth the money). I picked the Clarins and if that doesn't work i'll try the Estee Lauder.

Do these things actually work??
Can anyone recommend a pore reducing lotion or potion other than Clarins or Estee?

Thank you!

Comments

• suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I loved the Estee laudar, didnt do a lot in the way of long lasting effects but was lovely and luxurious :)

Ther OCM has made large, open, dirty pores a thing of the past for me. Even hubby says my skin is looking great not full of "holes"
  • RoseFairy
    RoseFairy Posts: 736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    i agree.
    i have tried the pore reducing serum of clarins -a sample i got recently when they were doing the 3minitreats.
    i did notice that the pores were tighter.... but...
    i also noticed that they became blocked and congested. which i didn't like.
    i think it somehow tightens the pore area.
    it took about a week of not using it to get my pores 'cleared' again - though it was back to how they were before - at least they were clear.
    i have been making sure that i don't use hot then cold water alternatively to wash my face - rather cool to tepid. also being using some ice held on the area for a few miniutes couple of times a day and that has helped - so HTH>
  • harryharp
    harryharp Posts: 1,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    RoseFairy wrote: »
    i have been making sure that i don't use hot then cold water alternatively to wash my face - rather cool to tepid.
    I didn't know this. Does that make it worse then?
  • I highly recommend Liz Earle products. The cleanse and polish product is excellent and results are noticible within 2 weeks! I ve tried almost every thing going on the market and this is by far the best! At the moment too if you visit the website LIzearle.co.uk there is an offer on where if you buy the cleanser, toner and moisturiser for approx total of £40 you get a full size intensive repair mask free which is fabulous too!!!
    Make up wise the best thing to use is the new mineral based make up thats out now, apparently its less harsh to the skin and also doesnt age you if like me you never take your make up off before bed :whistle:
    xx
  • hot and cold water alternatively opens the pores and the cold water does not close them immediately or as quickly. i read this suggestion on another thread. i'll try and find it and post it later.
  • melancholly
    melancholly Posts: 7,457 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    i second the recommendation for the clinique pore minimiser makeup. i had a free sample of the serum but i also didn't see that it did all that much. have a look on the clinique website for bonus time in shops near you and that way you can get a bit more for your money! you do need to register on the site to see that though.

have a go at the OCM (oil clensing method) as that seems to be the only way that has got more than one person on MSE to reduce their pores!! it also has the significant advantage of being very cheap. in case you haven't seen the other thread, here's the website:
    http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/
    :happyhear
  • poppy_f1
    poppy_f1 Posts: 2,637 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    i third the clinique pore minizer
  • have a go at the OCM (oil clensing method) as that seems to be the only way that has got more than one person on MSE to reduce their pores!! it also has the significant advantage of being very cheap. in case you haven't seen the other thread, here's the website:
    http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/

I can second that, as it has worked for me.

More recent improved success has been to use OCM ~ 3 times a week and Ginvera marvel gel twice a week. OCM alone improves the pores but my skin can feel a little 'heavy' after a week or so. Previously I have used St Ives facial scrube and that is good but this ere ginvera stuff is brill. I've started a thread on it today as I want to know more.
  • I had a read of the oil cleansing method - sounds very interesting. Although i'm a bit scared of putting oil on my face i will have to give it a go since a few of you guys have said it worked for you.

Thanks everyone x
  • mooma wrote: »
    I had a read of the oil cleansing method - sounds very interesting. Although i'm a bit scared of putting oil on my face i will have to give it a go since a few of you guys have said it worked for you.

Thanks everyone x

I thought that but it's nothing to worry about. I use olive oil 3:castor oil 1
    and saw a difference in pores after about 2 weeks. I use face cloths rather than muslin squares as I had them anyway (asda smartprice!) I only use 1 face cloth per application - keep rinsing in hot water - then wash before next use.

I find that after a treatment the blocked pores just give up the gunk at the slightest provocation :D

Great fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport