Ebay have gone raving mad! but thats ok so have I anyone want to join me?

Options
hi guys

I have read a few bits on ebay price increase :mad: and i am shocked it is a huge increase so I have thought about it and it won't really be worth me selling on there.
so I have decided to start a challange/ thread to get rid of ALL my e bay stuff before the increase over the last 3 days i have listed 30 items.:p

My challange is to list about 130 items before the increase (24th sept i think)

anyone want to join me or comment?
you can add how much you want to raise or how many items you want to list and i will make a list of challanger if you like!!

good luck all I will keep updating on how i amdoing like how many items listed with bids sold relisted etc!:T
:j Proud mum to Jade age 10 years and Baby Ellie born Christmas Day:eek: with a broke heart :( Proven to be a little fighter and battling on with her heart condition :j

Comments

• angelflower_2
    angelflower_2 Posts: 2,426 Forumite
    Options
    I hate ebay and dont use anymore but just wanted to say hope the challenge goes well, milk it whist you still can!!!!
    DFW 228 LONG H 68
    DFD 2017 :eek:
  • jenjade
    jenjade Posts: 8,418 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    yeah i would not buy anything off e bay at the moment because of the price increase there will be a lot of people finishing on e bay so they have nothing to lose by ripping people off as they won't care about there feedback rating anymore

how do you get rid of the stuff you don't want now?
    :j Proud mum to Jade age 10 years and Baby Ellie born Christmas Day:eek: with a broke heart :( Proven to be a little fighter and battling on with her heart condition :j
  • yukkibear
    yukkibear Posts: 5,556 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck Jen. I doubt I'll be able to motivate myself to find all my stuff to ebay before the charges increase, let alone list them. It'll be good to see how much money you can make out of it.
  • OliveOyl_2
    OliveOyl_2 Posts: 3,506 Forumite
    Options
    Have I misunderstood the new fees?

I thought it worked out pence better off for items that sold between 99p-£4.99, but the biggest saving was for stuff that didn't actually sell - i.e. they've increased FVF and reduced listing fees?
  • jenjade
    Options
    make moeny on e bay thats a strange idea!! do you think it is possible?
  • MunchkinKel
    Options
    I have sold a couple of things on ebay, to be honest for the amount of money I made it isnt worth all the hassle. I do think though that its ridiculous how you cant leave negative feedback anymore, what the hell is the point of feedback if its all positive - you cant get a true reflection of the seller!!
  • bathgatebuyer
    bathgatebuyer Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    Options
    I'v listed a load of old suits over the past week or so more so by a new push to get rid of some debts as well as unclutter my wardrobe (which is the main reason). The fact that it coincides with the change in fees is just luck for me.
    Almost debt-free, but certainly even with the Banks!
  • You can still leave negative feedback for sellers. Its just the seller cant leave negative for the buyer as sellers were with holding the feedback until they got positive and then giving positive or if they got negative they would leave negative.

Ebay and paypal are just out to rip people of though, as soon as they get there money they are happy and want nothing more to do with it. I got fed up with all the cowboys and stopped using it about a year ago.
    Debt Now~Total-£14,366.72~CC-£1,600.00~Sofa-£1,349.01~Loan-£11,417.71
    :eek:Debt@Oct 12~Total £15,674.60~CC-£1,636.40~Sofa-£1,648.77~Loan-£12,389.43:eek:
  • jenjade
    Options
    I have listed 35 items now some are bundles/ lots! fingers cross they sell or i will be gutted!
  • Cerisa
    Cerisa Posts: 350 Forumite
    Options
    I'll join you! I have about four boxes of clothes that don't fit and I need rid.
    £1600 overdraft
    £100 Christmas Fund
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family