Current lender not released redemption figure

Options
Hi,

Wondered if anyone had any similar experience and whether I should be worried? Sorry for the length.

I am remortgaging to One Account on 1st Sep, as my fix with A&L ends on 31/8. I hadn't had anything from either One account or the solictor (Gordons) to basically confirm in writing that all was going through on Monday so decided to chase it up. One Account said they wouldnt normally do that, it would be the solicitor. I spoke to Gordons yesterday they said they were waiting for the redemption figure for Monday from A&L. I checked this morning and it still hadn't been received, they suggested I get onto A&L myself. I spoke to A&L and they said they had sent redemption figure on 20/8 when it was requested - they had all the reference numbers and fax numbers right so I assumed it was all right. I went back to Gordons and they said that they had received one from A&L but it included ERC (around £3900) so wasnt correct. A&L said to me that it would resend this morning and the figure they gave me sounded correct (ie not with the ERC). Gordons have a 2hr delay adding docs to their system so I'm checking later this afternoon to see this faxed figure has been received.

What's the worst that can happen if the redemption figure isnt received in time? Will the remortgage just happen later than MOnday and I ahve to pay the extra days interest? Who is at fault? Is it me for leaving it to them to sort out? CHeers for any comments.

Comments

• Noz
    Noz Posts: 3,869 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If the completion delayed, then there would be extra interest due on the mortgage.

However if A&L admit fault (if the initial redemption statement was not correct), they may waive this extra interest.
  • stevie_wonder
    Options
    Noz wrote: »
    However if A&L admit fault (if the initial redemption statement was not correct), they may waive this extra interest.

I'm just not sure who is at fault and can't prove anything either! A&L said they sent it and doc that the CSA read out had the right figures, however Gordons say they haven't had it, and also that they did get one but it was wrong!

Well if it is received tonight and with correct details then I wont be worried:beer:
  • happybroker
    happybroker Posts: 1,301 Forumite
    Options
    double check that funds have been requested from One by Gordons for completion on monday as they may insist on 5 working days notice.
    Happily an ex mortgage broker!
  • stevie_wonder
    Options
    double check that funds have been requested from One by Gordons for completion on monday as they may insist on 5 working days notice.

Just spoken to Gordons, they have now received the redemption figure from A&L. The case handler will check its okay and get back to me if any problems. The CSA said two working days from requesting funds to receiving. So wont be Monday, but hopefully Tuesday.

Can I be arsed to work out the interest cost for the extra day? And who do I claim was incompetent Gordons or One Account or A&L?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure