Centre pieces/table decoration (non floral)

Options
Has anyone got any suggestions for nice and simple table decorations? i've tried searching on google but don't seem to find much (picture wise anyway) maybe i'm searching the wrong things,

colours would be white and lilac in the morning for 10-15 tables and then white and red in the afternoon for 35 tables, i'm not keen on floral decorations, don't want to spend a lot on something thats going to die in a few hours anyway! ballooons i would think would just get in everyones way..

:confused:so, i haven't got a clue what i'm doing at the moment:eek:
Yes Your Dukeiness :D

Comments

• KittyKate
    KittyKate Posts: 1,606 Forumite
    Options
    How about white candles with lilac embellishments on them? You don't have to light them, they would be a pretty non-floral centrepiece though. I went to a wedding reception yesterday where the theme was white and purple (so a bit similar to you), and the tables had a large mirror tile (4 x the size of a regular tile), this would look nice with a few candles on. Also she had some silver and purple shiny confetti sprinkled on the tables, and tiny bottles of bubbles with a mini bubble wand!

Why not have a look on the confetti website, it's really good for tips, (then in MSE style get it all cheaper somewhere else!!)
  • debs2327
    debs2327 Posts: 1,172 Forumite
    Options
    hi ya were the same and dont want flowers on the tables so were having candles with batterie flicker lights inside and putting our favours( traditional almond ones ) around the candle all to match our colour scheme , its quite a moneysaving as we only needed the candles as were were already having the favours anyway oh and were having a strip of organza on tables same as colour scheme ,
    wins :- x2 hair dyes ,mascara, epilator,personalised card , glass photo ,
    comp angels please throw some luck my way
    :D:j:D:A:)
  • smileysheep
    Options
    HI reehsetin,

My feelings are exactly the same ... we have decided to go for storm vases with a big candle in and coloured sand. We can then give the candles and vases as presents to the mothers at the end of the event. We are having ivy wrapped round our vases for a little floral attatchment, but not Too much! hope this helps.
  • celticsprite
    Options
    hi,

don't know if this helps in any way, but I made beaded bouquets for my table & stuck them in cheap vases. We were going for a crystal theme :p

You can buy similar acrylic flower stems from places like dunelm. If you'd like to email me, I'll send you pics :)

cs x

ps we went for rechargeable candles too, as we were afraid of the risk of children running around where there were naked flames & of setting the sprinkler system off :D
  • emactatty
    Options
    we had fish bowls placed on mirrors, filled with pink and clear crystal water pearls topped off with a pink gerberra - very easy to do but very effective.

I would imagine that you could have the white crystal pearls with a lilac flower on top for the morning and then get a member of staff to run round and change them to red flowers for the evening.
  • celticsprite
    Options
    this is the kind of thing we went for to give you an idea:-
    http://whiteaisle.com/beaded_cherry_blossom.htm
    and this:-
    http://www.sheer-finesse.com/Flowers%20for%20Cards.htm

cs x
  • reehsetin
    reehsetin Posts: 4,916 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    thanks some fantastic ideas,
    liking the idea of a strip of organza down the table, we're having platters on the middle of the table, i was worrying the tables would look really crowded!
  • reehsetin
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    KittyKate wrote: »
    How about white candles with lilac embellishments on them? You don't have to light them, they would be a pretty non-floral centrepiece though. I went to a wedding reception yesterday where the theme was white and purple (so a bit similar to you), and the tables had a large mirror tile (4 x the size of a regular tile), this would look nice with a few candles on. Also she had some silver and purple shiny confetti sprinkled on the tables, and tiny bottles of bubbles with a mini bubble wand!

Why not have a look on the confetti website, it's really good for tips, (then in MSE style get it all cheaper somewhere else!!)
    :ocandles make me nervous, so many naked flames around loose material and people reaching for food and drinks hmmm was thinking confetti on the tables would be nice to add colour, one site had loads of biggish red heart confetti and some in organza :j might look a bit too soppy though
  • reehsetin
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    HI reehsetin,

My feelings are exactly the same ... we have decided to go for storm vases with a big candle in and coloured sand. We can then give the candles and vases as presents to the mothers at the end of the event. We are having ivy wrapped round our vases for a little floral attatchment, but not Too much! hope this helps.
    the coloured sand is a brilliant idea we had this for the engagement and i loved it, wanted to do something similar but thought it would be a bit silly repeating it so coloured sand would be a nice alternative
  • reehsetin
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    emactatty wrote: »
    we had fish bowls placed on mirrors, filled with pink and clear crystal water pearls topped off with a pink gerberra - very easy to do but very effective.

I would imagine that you could have the white crystal pearls with a lilac flower on top for the morning and then get a member of staff to run round and change them to red flowers for the evening.

:jsaw some piccies of that in my searches, looks gorgeous but we'd probably have to put something underneath to give it some height! so it can be seen over and above the platters
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport