OK so what have I forgotten....

Options
I think I'm all up to date with the wedding planning stuff with 10 weeks to go. Would someone mind looking over this and pointing out what I have missed?

Church - order of service yet to be done (probably by me)

Reception venues x 2
-still have to see DJ to confirm he is OK (bar's DJ who does all of their work) so will do that on Saturday
-seating plan to be done
- confirm seating plan and numbers to invite person
- menus confirmed
- final visit to wedding meal restaurant to confirm everything

Flowers - chosen
Photographer - chosen and sorted out all group photos and timings
my dress - should be arriving mid September, sorting out underwear for it in the next couple of weeks
my shoes - got em
make up - trials with a friend doing it in the next couple of weeks
jewellery - got possible tiara, earrings, just need to sort out a costume jewellery necklace
cake - saw the cake lady last night and sorted out the final details
decorations for venues - don't know if we can afford the balloons yet

hen night - to coincide with cousin's fresher week at uni so we get half price drinks in Brum? :)
I'm sorry to bombard you with this, just that I can't honestly think if I;ve forgotten anything but I'm sure that I have!

December
BSC support number 158

weight loss - 52lbs

Comments

• aimee21j
    aimee21j Posts: 1,657 Forumite
    Options
    December, you sound soooooo organised, especially after speaking to you over the past few days. Have you sorted your favours (if you are having any?)
  • mirrorimage0
    mirrorimage0 Posts: 3,918 Forumite
    Options
    what about grooms suits etc, cufflinks, tie pins
    dont forget to wear shoes around the house before the big day to make them comfy
    now proud mum to 3 handsome boys :j latest one born 10/10/11:j
  • Horace
    Horace Posts: 14,426 Forumite
    Options
    How about a treat for yourself? Some pampering at a beauty parlour for instance.

Oh, you have forgotten your honeymoon.
  • december
    december Posts: 707 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the replies and for reminding me of things I had forgotten :) Honeymoon just has to have £50 deposit paid, men's favours I just have to buy, will get them next week (scratchcards), groom's side of the family have been measured up for their suits and my dad is sorting his out at the end of this month.

I honestly don't feel like I'm that organised. It's the little things which I am bound to forget, memory like a sieve!

December
    BSC support number 158

weight loss - 52lbs
  • december
    Options
    Apologies, it won't let me thank a couple of you :( I have started wearing my shoes around the house to break them in and have booked to have a facial and eyebrows done the weekend before the wedding. I've even sorted out having my nails done....

December
    BSC support number 158

weight loss - 52lbs
  • Krystaltips
    Krystaltips Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Options
    I'm having my eyebrows done the day before... Growing them out a bit so they have something to work with... But it's killing me... I try to forget there's a monobrow hiding under the skin....
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

• Sammy_Girl
    Sammy_Girl Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    Options
    December, you sound so organised. Not long to go!! Bet you're soooooo excited :)
  • december
    Options
    Erm I am excited but it comes in dribs and drabs. It's still a fair way off yet so I'm not too excited yet :)

December
    BSC support number 158

weight loss - 52lbs
  • Speckled_Egg
    Options
    December

It sounds like you're on track. Just a couple of things, I don't think I saw:-

Photographer
    Bridesmaids
    Thank you presents
    Favours (not having them ourselves)
  • december
    Options
    Thanks for that Speckled Egg, photographer is done, sorted out the group shots we want etc, bridesmaids are all kitted out, thank you presents (if we can afford them) will be some flowers closer to the day although we have bought the best man some cufflinks and paid for the BMs shoes, dress etc. Favours have been made, just the scratchcards for the men left to buy :)

December
    BSC support number 158

weight loss - 52lbs
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills