Angry with Anglian Water

Options
Following advice from this site, I recently requested copies of my credit report and found I had an outstanding balance with Anglian Water from a previous address. I phoned them direct and they confirmed the amount owed. I told them I would be writing to them with an offer of repayment which was duly noted. I then wrote to them with offer of repayment and change of address details. This was on 1st July. I get a letter from them yesterday (15th August) to my new address stating as I have not contacted them they are forwarding my account to a collections agency. Rather ironic I think considering they would not have had an address to send the letter to yesterday, if I had not contacted them to tell them the address to send a response to!! As the amount was small(ish) I decided to pay it in full yesterday. I don't want to deal with these kind of people any longer!! This sort of thing drives me insane!! :mad:

Comments

• tigerliz
    tigerliz Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    RE: my previous post:
    Have received a phonecall this evening from Anglian Water saying they will now accept my monthly payments. After I have fully cleared my account. And nearly 7 weeks after I first contacted them. Why aren't things with electric, gas, water bill companies etc straight forward!!? How do I politely, yet firmly close an (old) account?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure