my debts....help please

Options
i have posted before about my debts, was going through the citizens advice but they were as much use as a wet paper bag! anyway thought id have ago at either doing it myself if i can or maybe doing a dmp??
tbh im not sure what is the best route to go, at the mo im still incuring interest and charges on everything, the main debt being my halifax credit card which because of charges etc is nearly 12k i had a letter from them the other day saying that when the debt reaches 7 months arrears they will pass the debt on to a collections agency called blair oliver and scott, and when it is passed on thats when the interest and charges will be frozen, so question is do i wait for it to be passed on??
im selfemployed so my income varies but its approx 160 a week so could prob manage 150 a month if i did a dmp

i am still paying a couple of my creditors (barclay card and verdbaudet) as the payments are only £20 and £5 a month should i stop paying these and add them to my creditors list too??

Comments

• tgriggs
    tgriggs Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    anyone?? please
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi there, I would suggest going to CCCS or National Debtline - their details are on one of the panels at the top of these boards I think.

With CCCS you can do their "debt remedy" online........so you could get started on seeing what your options are without having to wait until standard "office hours".....

National Debtline, I think, on their website gives you template letters to send to your creditors yourself, which you may find useful.

sorry I can't be of more help.......but I am not on a DMP so have never negotiated with my creditors in this way. But if you look on the DMP mutual supporters thread on this board you may well get all the answers you are looking for.

Good luck
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure