Target for 2008!!

Options
Hi All, I have decided to make myself a target of £2500 to raise by the end of the year in order to pay off a credit card and two overdrafts. Ideally I don't want to use my wages for this, I want to raise as much money as possible from other sources. So far my ideas are:

* Ebay - I have a few items on just now, nothing with more than 99p bids

* Car Boot Sales - I have done 2 so far this year and made £50.50 / £74.60

* Mobile Phones - I've sent four mobiles to Mazuma Mobile, they pay you for recycling your phone so have had around £60 from there

* Selling things at Work - I have made around £200 from selling things on the bulletin board at work this year, but my "profits" from my free money so far have been used to pay off my Next Directory Account.

I'm also reading through the matched betting guides etc just now and am hoping to start this once I get paid this month, but also don't want to rush into this one until I am 100% happy I understand.

Does anyone else have any suggestions to motivate me or make me rich!

Comments

• wornoutmumoftwo
    Options
    You could use a cashback site such as quidco/topcashback to buy things such as insurance etc - I've recieved about 200 this year doing that, and I'm not a regular shop online person.

Also I am doing slicethepie.com where you earn money reviewing new music.

Surveys?

All the best of luck
    Payment a day challenge: £236.69
    Jan Shopping Challenge: £202.09/£250
    Frugal Living Challenge: £534.64/15000
  • crapwithcash82
    Options
    You could use a cashback site such as quidco/topcashback to buy things such as insurance etc - I've recieved about 200 this year doing that, and I'm not a regular shop online person.

Also I am doing slicethepie.com where you earn money reviewing new music.

Surveys?

All the best of luck

Thanks for that, I actually just signed up for Quidco last week and have noticed that I have £5 already! I've not looked into slicethepie.com although it seems really popular on here! Thanks again
  • The_Edible_Dormouse
    Options
    Slice the Pie can leave you with your brain leaking out of your ears, but you could always put the odd fiver you earn there towards your eBay fees, and maximise your earnings (or cut your losses if things don't sell...).

Best of luck. I'm aiming to have £150 set aside by the time the winter sets in to pay extra high heating bills...
    £5 a day in December £179.59/£155
    £100 on STP by 31 January 09 £2.03/£100
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family