Free Sustrans local cycling info

Options
Thought this might be useful for those wanting to get out on their bike more, especially since it gives local info.

I've just followed a link from the Big Green Switch site to the Sustrans website, where they're offering to send you free information on cycling, tailored to where you live. You just need to give your name and address:
http://www.sustrans.org.uk/default.asp?sID=1175074542859

I sent off for mine this morning - hopefully it'll highlight some new routes – I'll report back once it turns up!

Comments

• feesh
    feesh Posts: 328 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks - have sent off for mine too, its about time I got back on mine!
  • Hunkerchuncker
    Options
    Long term lurker first time poster.

Just had to say that I find cycling so great even though I only pootle about a bit on a sub £100 mountain bike. The financial angle is great especially if you can cycle instead of paying through the nose to commute on inferior forms of transport.

The best thing about it however is the endorphins which are priceless :D

Also on the sustrans website is this bit where you can put in your postcode and it comes up with a map showing the nearest section of the national cycle network. The NCN is great value entertainment as I find going along the Kennet and Avon canal towpath (part of the network) through some really beautiful countryside and paying nowt for the pleasure just proves that the best things in life are free. :j

http://www.sustrans.org.uk/default.asp?sID=1089651611859
    House Deposit Target 20K £1024.85 - 5.12% - Start Aug 08 Busy reducing overdraft.
    Loose Change Pot £17.76 Banked £41.00
    The Long Way to 12st - Weight 1st Aug 18st 7lbs
    Paid Internet Search £35.49 Banked £0.00
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills