We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Cheap parking Stansted

Options
Hi,

I am looking for parking at Stansted, but would like to avoid the extortionate prices of commercial parks. I used to use a B&B in Takeley for £4 a night, but they've stopped offering parking only. Can anyone recommend anywhere within 1.5 miles of the airport?

Comments

• carly
    carly Posts: 1,417 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I wouldn't advise giving out your email addy on a message board as they are quickly picked up by spammers and you will be innundated with loads of junk email
  • barnish
    Options
    I wondered if anyone has tried parking at Stansted Mountfitchet station for £2.40/day:

http://www.onerailway.com/timetable/stationinformation/default.asp?id=20125&mid=4

Then there is an hourly train to stansted airport which takes about 5 minutes.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,397 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: Sorry, email addresses and websites should not be used as usernames. The one in this thread has been reported. If you have any questions about this policy please email abuse@moneysavingexpert.com.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • evesham1988la
    Options
    barnish wrote:
    I wondered if anyone has tried parking at Stansted Mountfitchet station for £2.40/day:

http://www.onerailway.com/timetable/stationinformation/default.asp?id=20125&mid=4

Then there is an hourly train to stansted airport which takes about 5 minutes.

It is much safer to park on residential streets rather than in the car park at Stanted Mountifitchet. However, I prefer to park in one of the residential streets off Rye Street (search on Multimap) and take the 510 bus into the airport - first being at 4:40am ideal for flights between 6am and 7am and every 15mins throughout the day. Coming back the last bus to leave Stansted is at 00:15.
    sorry no links in signatures by site rules - Forum Team 2
  • evesham1988la
    Options
    Similarly, parking near Horley train station is very handy for Gatwick Airport Parking. Trains are 24hr, every 1hr throughout the night and about every 15mins from 5am (ish) to midnight.
    sorry no links in signatures by site rules - Forum Team 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family