A money earning idea - what do you think?

Options
Ok, I was trawling through different posts and as I was reading, I got this idea of how to make some money. I am not sure if it is any good, so would love to hear opinions.

I have noticed people complaining for loosing wages when taking time off work when waiting for scheduled deliveries (which never materialized).

Now, what do you think about offering to sit in someone's home that day to wait for that delivery or for a plumber/electrician...? You can always use time to read, study, knit, whatever, but get paid for literally sitting on someone's comfy chair :)
People do tend to order new stuff before Christmas - such as ovens, sofas, etc., so it might be a nice pre-Christmas pocket money spinner?

Any thoughts?

Andreja
Personal Challenge - Debt Free Debt: Loan £[STRIKE]995[/STRIKE][STRIKE]858[/STRIKE] )!, credit card[STRIKE] 2500 [/STRIKE] £900
[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]After the first four years the dirt doesn't get any worse. [/FONT][FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]
The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity than a friend is a creditor.

[/FONT]

Comments

• jessicamb
    jessicamb Posts: 10,446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi :)

Just my opinion but first impressions - I am not sure I would want a stranger in my house and I wouldn't pay a friend IYSWIM. It is a real inconvenience having to take time off though to wait in for things though so I someone has a good suggestion for you.
    The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese :cool:
  • Mac_Sami
    Mac_Sami Posts: 277 Forumite
    Options
    I can't see this working.

1. Many courier companies will let you know an hour before they deliver, by phone, if you ask nicely. For those who work near to where they live, it simply means popping out of work for an hour. Not possible for everyone, but a fairly cheap way.
    2. People can arrange for a neighbour to sign for the parcel, if possible
    3. Rather than having a stranger sitting in the house, and paying them, people could simply opt for the more expensive Saturday or evening delivery.
    4. People could get items delivered to another address. I get many large items delivered to my work address, with their permission. I simply then drive home with the said item.

Sorry, I just can't see it working. There's always an alternative.
  • scrivette
    scrivette Posts: 201 Forumite
    Options
    Whilst it seems like a good idea I dont think that I would be happy for a stranger to sit in my house to be honest.
  • clapton68
    clapton68 Posts: 68 Forumite
    Options
    Burglars dream,imo.
  • SPANIEL36
    SPANIEL36 Posts: 1,905 Forumite
    Options
    IYSWIM....... what does this mean, i'm always seing it but dont know what it means!!!
  • welshasiancheapskate
    Options
    SPANIEL36 wrote: »
    IYSWIM....... what does this mean, i'm always seing it but dont know what it means!!!

If You See What I Mean:D
    Assalamu alaikum. May Allahs blessings be upon you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family