got cca from egg but they signed it 2 mths before i did?!help!!

Options
hi all got my cca back from egg today and i am a bit confused as it shows application was made online but i could have sworn i was sold loan over the phone to consolidate my egg card? i cant imagine i would have agreed to it over the phone then have to apply online?

also there are 2 very different dates on the agreement? supposdly i agree on the 7th january 2007 and egg signed the agreement on the 1st november 2006???

here is the cca sig box page:

http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w...caresponse.jpg

myeggloanccaresponse.jpg

Comments

• OliveOyl_2
    OliveOyl_2 Posts: 3,506 Forumite
    Options
    I don't know the answer :confused:
    But I'll bump you back to the first page.....
  • thepinkladez_2
    Options
    thanks olive!
  • thepinkladez_2
    Options
    bumping for the night owls!
  • tyllwyd
    tyllwyd Posts: 5,496 Forumite
    Options
    I have no idea about any legal implications, but at the end of the second picture it says something along the lines of 'we must receive the signed agreement no later than 90 days of the date of the signature box signed by Egg above'. 1st November to 1st January would be well within that timescale.
  • turnmylifearound
    Options
    From what I can remember of my law....the contract is binding when there is both offer and acceptance - i.e from the later date. It's likely that the loan agreement is standard issue (like all banks and their standard terms and conditions) and Mr Stephen York is someone important at the bank who reviewed and signed-off on it on 1 November. Presumably the next time egg vary their terms the date will change.

I'm not sure what the effect is of the '90 days' clause pointed out by tyllwyd. I suspect the contract is still valid since both parties have relied on it since but once again my law is really rusty!

When I took out my egg loan I applied online and then had to speak to them on the phone to go through all my details, give them a SOA etc etc. Does this sound familiar?
    :exclamati Lightbulb moment = 31 July 2008 :exclamati

Debt @ 1 August 2008 = 25,898 +£900 store card + 2500 career loan.

Mortgage @ 1 August 2008 = £136,000ish
  • thepinkladez_2
    Options
    hi turn,

no i spoke to them on the phone thats why i cant undrstand why i would have then finished app online?? i know with apps i have done online for various things i have had to call them to complete, but just seems odd the otherway round!?
  • turnmylifearound
    Options
    Hmmm...that is bizzare. I'm afraid I'm out of my depth now. I'll keep an eye on the thread though and bump it so hopefully someone will pick it up. Good luck!
    :exclamati Lightbulb moment = 31 July 2008 :exclamati

Debt @ 1 August 2008 = 25,898 +£900 store card + 2500 career loan.

Mortgage @ 1 August 2008 = £136,000ish
  • Penny2myName
    Penny2myName Posts: 1,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I know you cant remember completing it on line, but could this be because the whole application was filled in on a pc by the Egg phone operator, and that you gave permission for a box to be ticked in place of your signature??
    Just a thought.
    19th March 2007 LBM£5,969.63 1st January 2018 £5960.18, 1st January 2019 £11,032.0018th August 2023 £12,435.00, Student Loan £22244.00 From 2009-12Challenges: To learn to stop spending..
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,670 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    I thought, under the consumer credit act 1974, a signature was required.

I know the act was amended for post -April 2007 agreements so it no longer is.

But this agreement seems to require a tick 'insted of providing your signature'.

Doesn't this make the agreement unenforceable? I suppose, ultimately, only a court could decide.

It's s61(1) of the act. I found a pdf file here
  • thepinkladez_2
    Options
    thanx fatbelly, i am a bit lost now! sorry! not sure by the link if it does or doesnt require the sig????
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure