Help with debt collection

Would anyone be able to offer advice on how to proceed here?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=106632

Comments

• Firstly you are under no obligation to pay in full now or at any time in the future, there are guidelines in place by the office of fair trading that prohibit company’s from making demands for payment in full and Wescot are known for breaching these on a regular basis.

You should write back to them with a full list of your income and expenditure and offer then what you can REALISTICALLY afford if this is £10 a month then so be it.

Wescot know that they have to accept an offer which is based on a true I&E, if there were stupid enough to take you to court, which they wouldn’t do anyway they know very well that a judge will only award them what you can afford without putting yourself into hardship.

I would advise that you undertake no more phone contact with Wescot, they are rude, abusive, and will plain lie to you about your rights.

Only write to them with a true I&E and await a response, they will tell you it is to little, but providing it is a true offer of what you can afford they can do little else other than accept it
    :rolleyes: It’s hard enough remembering my opinions - without remembering my reasons for them :rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure