Any mse ideas on how to get my car home?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
21 replies 1.4K views
Pink.Pink. Forumite
17.7K Posts
✭✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
Our car died this morning at Instonian Rugby Fields, just off the Malone Road in Belfast :(

It appears to be something to do with the immoblisier, and the car just won't budge. As a result the steering doesn't seem to be working.....so it looks like we are going to have to have it brought home (Newtownards) on the back of a lorry rather than towing it ourselves :(

Can anyone recommend a local breakdown service that is reliable and good value for money?

Thanks,

Pink

It hasn't been a good car week in our house....Mr Pink reversed into my car on Thursday :rolleyes:

Replies

• IvanOpinionIvanOpinion Forumite
    21.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi PInk
    Sorry to hear about this , did you get it sorted - I have only found your posting? After I had a little prang I called a company called CCRS (02891450200). I don't think they were overly cheap (cost me £100 from Antrim to Bangor) but the service was spot on and the driver was great (certainly kept me calm)

Ivan
    Don't waste time on other peoples first world problems
  • FranFran Forumite
    11.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope you got the car sorted Pink.
    Torgwen.......... :) ...........
  • Edinburghlass_2Edinburghlass_2 Forumite
    32.7K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :eek:

it can only get better...
  • aliasojoaliasojo Forumite
    23.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :rotfl: :rotfl: Oh I'm so sorry Pink. You have to laugh though...things can only get better.

(At least you didn't have to sit red faced in the back of an AA van whilst your dead car got towed behind. People actually smile and wave. So I'm told :whistle: )
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • QueenieQueenie Forumite
    8.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    :eek: :eek: ((((hugs))))))

Hope you managed to get it sorted!! ???

*I would have made Mr Pink give it a piggyback home as penance for reversing into it last Thursday - think I saw Geof Capes attempt it ... once*
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Edinburghlass_2Edinburghlass_2 Forumite
    32.7K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We might need to pass the hat round for the taxi fare to the airport for the Pink Family tomorrow :rotfl:
    8.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    *passes E-lass some vouchers*
  • Pink.Pink. Forumite
    17.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally got it sorted out!

Ivan, by conincidence we did use CRRS. They would have charged £79.50 to get the car home, but as we are off to Edinburgh on Monday they charged £118 to keep the car for the weekend and deliver it to the garage in Bangor on Monday morning. For any of you who don't live in Northern Ireland, the weather here was horrendous yesterday, so it was money well spent, just to get it sorted out quickly rather than stand in pouring rain and gale force winds watching Mr Pink stare vacantly at the car engine and giving it occasional pokes in the hope that that would bring it back to life. :rolleyes:

Taking into account getting the damn thing home and whatever it costs to repair what's wrong plus the repair to both cars after Mr P's little mishap :rolleyes: then the taxi to the airport and the trip to Edinburgh means it's not going to be much of a moneysaving month for me.:(

But you have to look on the bright side.....I'm off on my holidays tomorrow, and I can't wait!! :j

Pink
  • BigAl94BigAl94 Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Not much use to you now but I insure my car through Hughes in Newtownards and get free breakdown cover including get you home. The quotes are very competitive and nice to know the breakdown cover is there. Im sure there are other brokers that include this as well. Have a good holiday.
    8.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finally got it sorted out!

:j :j :j :T
    .... Mr Pink stared vacantly, giving occasional pokes in the hope that that would bring *it* to life. :rolleyes:

Yes, men do seem to be that way inclined ... but ... what did he do about the car?? :confused:;)
    But you have to look on the bright side.....I'm off on my holidays tomorrow, and I can't wait!! :j

Pink

:T :j Have a wickedly wonderful time :dance: :dance: :dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Lloyds Bank wrongly declares customer dead

Account was closed due to a misreading

MSE News

Cheap home insurance

Grab 100+ buildings insurance quotes & cashback