anyone used virgin active

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
3 replies 997 views
liz_ukliz_uk Forumite
1.1K Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
Virgin active have just taken over a local fitness club, and I wondered if anyone had used them ??

. also how much the monthly membership is??
Debt Free Jan 2010!
(Be happy) the state of your life is nothing more than the state of your mind! X
:j

Replies

• bestymanbestyman Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    When I was a member about 7 months ago it was £48 a month. It was a very nice gym and even had a kids club.
    My monthly DD was over £100 a month for the family and getting married soon ( LOL that sounds not quite right) so had to cancel. No 12 month contract but 1 months notice required.

They do cheaper packages such as off peak etc. Its easy to haggle over the joining fee - tell them your not paying it and walk away and they call you back. Ask for a free day pass to try it out .

Its really nice in there but only you can answer if its worth 50 quid a month to you.

Bestyman
    On the internet you can be anything you want.It`s strange so many people choose to be rude and stupid.
  • I just joined mine (glasgow) it's lovely - I was swithering between it and greens but greens had a weird unfriendlyness to it - plus for £34 squid a month I get off peak excercise - ie. have to be in the gym by 4pm on weekdays.

I love it so far (only been ther a few weeks) I got them to cut the join ing fee to 15 pounds as thats what greens were offering.

Like liz_uk I am not on the 12month contract (which is much less flexible than other gyms I have to say)

for £39 you could have full membership but you had to sign up for 12months.

Hope that is helpful - try the website for details of your local club http://www.virginactive.co.uk/va_web/index.cfm?enter=1

hope that helps!!

Splashie
    Excuse the spelling...life is too short to get evey word right!!
  • Ali_UKAli_UK Forumite
    302 Posts
    I would imagine the prices vary depending on location - I use the West London Virgin Active gym and it costs me £63 a month :eek: (and that's with a little bit of discount for being a local resident when they were constructing!)

I've found them quite good at keeping the equipment up to date and in good condition, the fitness classes are good (great yoga!) and the changing rooms and showers are constantly cleaned so no complaints there!

Ask for a day pass so you can try it out, or keep an eye out for promotions they are doing, they often do open weekends if they are trying to increase membership numbers so I expect they'll be doing all sorts if they have just taken over.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Ultrafast broadband upgrades

Being made available to more English counties

MSE News

30+ ways to stop scams

Incl tips to spot 'em & what to do if you're scammed

MSE Guides

£37 of No7 beauty products for £12

Available online and in stores

MSE Deals