Anyone dealt with Arrow Global Before?

Options
13»

Comments

• Renski
    Options
    There is a lot of misleading information here.

The statute of limitation does apply to both CCJ records, and defaults.

Essentially, data has to be removed by the CRA (in respect of defaults/delinquencies or CCJ's) from your credit files 6 years after the CCJ was registered, or default has been recorded on your file.

This should be done automatically, so get a copy of your file from the 3 main agencies and check this.

Fermi is incorrect, you cannot get another CCJ relating to the same debt, it is up to the creditor to take the necessary action within the 6 year time period.

Basically, where a default has been registered, the initial lender has written off the debt, and sold it on. Arrow Global, NCO, and others all buy old debt in the hope that you will pay up.

You cannot persue debt forever, that is why the limitation act is in place. Different rules apply to tax debts, however.

In the event that the CCJ or default remains on file take it up with the CRA first and if they do not comply, contact the Information Commissioner who is responsible for ensuring data is held according to data protection rules.

Of course, DCA's can request payment forever, however they cannot take legal action or continue to record information on your files once it is statute barred.

Generally speaking, they will not persue you when you make them aware that the debt is statute barred, however they will try lots of tactics to obtain payment, as that is their business.

Check your credit files, make a note of the date it will be statute barred, and check your records again once this date arrives.
  • Hemmina74
    Options
    Hi I’m posting this as the discussions I have read seem quite similar to my current dealings with Arrow Global. Basically I took out a nationwide credit card in 2000.

After having financial difficulties I fell behind with the payments and eventually in 2002 Nationwide issued a default notice and froze the account and passed it to a collections agency. The account was then subsequently passed around to various debt collections companies. I tried to come to some sort of settlement plan with these agencies but from 2005 - 2007 I didn’t receive replies to my letters so I stopped chasing it.

However in June of this year I received a letter from Arrow Global advising me that I now owe them the outstanding balance of this account (Obviously bought from Nationwide). I then received a subsequent letter from Fredrickson International (another collections company) advising that Arrow Global has instructed them to collect the outstanding amount. I was quite willing to enter into discussions until I checked my credit file and found that Arrow Global had entered a default onto my credit file in June of this year, around the same time I received the first letter from them advising me that I now owe them the outstanding balance.

What I want to know is:
    A) Can they enter a default onto my account without notifying me first?
    B) Can they enter a default even though I have not entered into any sort of credit agreement (formal or informal) with Arrow Global or Fredrickson International?
    C) Can they enter a default if Nationwide building society originally entered a default back in 2002 which has now dropped off my credit file.

Thanks in Advance for your replies.
  • lynnissa
    lynnissa Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    maintopman wrote: »
    Thanks for those comments. Still, Arrow have been unable to provide any documentation referring to the debt which they allege to exist and indeed say themselves, in writing, that they do not accept that they are a creditor of mine. If they state that and also have been unable to substantiate any alleged debt, how is a court going to give judgement in their favour?

I have been sent a collection letter for a debt owed to MBNA...I have never had an NBNA card. I phoned to ask for some info about the debt i.e. Where it was taken out, when it was taken out etc...I was told they didnt have the info??? So unhelpful! :mad: Called the police, got a police reference number and gave it to GA.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure