CCCS - Secured loans

Options
Ok

Wanna check - i'm in arrears with a secured loan, and sent the details to CCCS they haven't mentioned anything about it but i sent my letter telling Paragon to bogoff till the DMP is in place and they wrote back saying that CCCS can't help me with them because its a secured loan..is that true am i going to have to...talk to them...?
Piggy Bank £12.....Delay repay claims for train delays £98.75! mystery shopper work £20 Quidco £9.77 You Gov £1.00
Payment a day challenger 63 - Ebay cleared! MORTGAGE ARREARS CLEARED :T

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    CCCS can only include unsecured non-priority debts in a DMP as far as I know.

Failure to make full contractual payments on a secured loan/debt will give the creditor the right to repossess the asset.

The CCCS site doesn't explain it very well, but the Payplan one does.
    A DMP will only help you make reduced payments to your unsecured creditors, therefore the debts that can be included are:
    • Personal loans (loans taken to purchase cars are fine but Hire Purchase (HP) agreements cannot be included)
    • Credit cards
    • Store cards
    • Catalogues
    • Overdrafts
    Secured debts can't be included in DMPs because any payments on secured debts that aren't met in full, can lead to the goods being repossessed.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Robbda
    Robbda Posts: 169 Forumite
    Options
    ahh ok just wanted to check - guess where my £29 is going
    Piggy Bank £12.....Delay repay claims for train delays £98.75! mystery shopper work £20 Quidco £9.77 You Gov £1.00
    Payment a day challenger 63 - Ebay cleared! MORTGAGE ARREARS CLEARED :T
  • CCCS_Sarah
    CCCS_Sarah Posts: 1,555 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi Robbda,

You need to treat any secured lending as a priority over your unsecured debts including any arrangement you have in place you clear the arrears. Do you have an arrangment in place? Was your counsellor aware of your secured lending arrears? If you are unsure you are more than welcome to give us a call so we can look over your budget.

Sarah
    I am a Debt Counsellor that works for the CCCS and have specific permission from Martin, to post on these boards to try and help those in debt. Read more information on the CCCS and what it does in the Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help article.

CCCS is a registered charity, and there is no charge whatsoever for any of the services we provide to our clients. We take great pride in offering first class help and advice, but we only offer this where we have been able to fully explore and understand your circumstances with you. We want to help you understand these choices and their possible implications but not make them for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure