We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Wanna buy clear shoe boxes
edda
Posts: 1,057 Forumite
I would like some clear boxes to put my shoes in (and OH's)
I've seen £30 for 10 ladies size boxes and £20 for 5 mens size boxes (i.e. shoes - not people!) plus £6 for P&P
This seems a bit dear to me - but I will need a couple of dozen so I guess Lakeland Plastics is also too dear
Any suggestions for plastic or similar - I don't want cardboard, as the shoes are still in original boxes and I have to open them all to find the ones I want (no pics on side).
Thought of taking digital pic and sticking on side, but some of the boxes are falling apart.
Don't want much, do I?
I've seen £30 for 10 ladies size boxes and £20 for 5 mens size boxes (i.e. shoes - not people!) plus £6 for P&P
This seems a bit dear to me - but I will need a couple of dozen so I guess Lakeland Plastics is also too dear
Any suggestions for plastic or similar - I don't want cardboard, as the shoes are still in original boxes and I have to open them all to find the ones I want (no pics on side).
Thought of taking digital pic and sticking on side, but some of the boxes are falling apart.
Don't want much, do I?
0
Comments
-
I think they sell them at ikea if that is any useMoney's too tight to mention!!!0
-
edda wrote:Thought of taking digital pic and sticking on side, but some of the boxes are falling apart.

You could collect some empty shoe boxes from your local shoe shop for free and then do the picture on the side thing. That'd be really cheap
I work in a shoe shop and we always have people wanting shoe boxes for various thing - christmas appeal, school projects, sending parcels etc so you could use any of these excuses if you dont want to tell them the real reason
Even if we dont have any spare we tell them to call back later on in the day and we'll save them some.Sometimes it's important to work for that pot of gold...But other times it's essential to take time off and to make sure that your most important decision in the day simply consists of choosing which color to slide down on the rainbow...0 -
edda wrote:Any suggestions for plastic or similar - I don't want cardboard, as the shoes are still in original boxes and I have to open them all to find the ones I want (no pics on side).
Thought of taking digital pic and sticking on side, but some of the boxes are falling apart.
Don't want much, do I?
Matalan often have these in edda. I'm not 100% certain but I think I paid about £6 for 6, and I think they came in two different sizes. Might have been a sale ... my memory's shot
You can get some fancy ones on eBay (though they look a bit flimsy and are expensive imo
) 0 -
Sticky Label Black Marker Can You Do It Cheaper ?0
-
Still fancy clear plastic for convenience and ability to last longer, but thanks for your suggestions.
Checked out my local Ikea - much cheaper than I'd found, but none in stock and no masil order in the UK (yet). Will try Matalan next.
Not a fan of ebay - too many Ts & Cs.0 -
heres 5 for £9.99 (+P&P) http://vivaladivacom.drct2u.com/productcache/VLD/BO1650/EV638DI_ORIGPO_0.html
Sarah0 -
Sarahjovi wrote:heres 5 for £9.99 (+P&P) http://vivaladivacom.drct2u.com/productcache/VLD/BO1650/EV638DI_ORIGPO_0.html
Sarah
Thanks for that Sarah - ankle and full length boots sizes as well!0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards