Red itching spots?

Options
2»

Comments

• MRSTITTLEMOUSE
    MRSTITTLEMOUSE Posts: 8,547 Forumite
    Options
    Puddingpie wrote: »
    If someone at work had them 2 weeks ago maybe its something contageous?

What about scabies? Is it on your hands?

I thought this too.Two weeks is a long time for prickly heat.
  • travelguide
    Options
    Red itching spots are the marks of the bed bugs. I can feel your pain . They are often treated as allergies by the doctors too.Get it confirmed.
  • red
    red Posts: 666 Forumite
    Options
    it could be something that happened when you were away - for example something you ate or applied to your skin that is only just coming out now. if it is an allergic reaction antihistamines will help. however, it would make sense to go see your GP just to avoid the thing going on or spreading unnecessarily. in the meantime, try to assume it is contagious to avoid spreading or sharing it- avoid contact, keep the area neither too dry nor moist, do not share towels, if possible wash towels and bedding as often as possible, etc. If the antihistamines work in reducing the size or itching hopefully it will give some reassurance and relief to the pain and worry. i am sure your GP or a good pharmacist would be able to tell very quickly what it is....good luck!!!
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Milford_Cubicle
    Options
    It's probably not even slightly related to what I tend to suffer from but...

I moved from the north east of the UK to the south east and fairly soon after I was itching all over, with red spots and lumps appearing. I had patch tests which came back inconclusive. Turns out I'm allergic to the water in the south east because it has a high limescale content. So, much as it's likely to be any of the things already mentioned, it could also be related to the water you've used for showering and bathing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure