Aberfoyle-Edinburgh Food!

Options
stormbreaker
stormbreaker Posts: 2,289 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary
We are going to Goape on Monday and would appreciate any recommondation for eating places on our return trip. Bar supper or maybe Italian?

Thanks

Comments

• cazziebo
    cazziebo Posts: 3,209 Forumite
    Options
    The Lade Inn, Callander
    Lion and Unicorn, Thornhill
    River House, Stirling (just at the roundabout when you come from A84 to go onto A9)
    Champney's Chop and Ale House, Linlithgow

Just a few suggestions. Have a fab time at Go Ape - I'm going out the following week (if I don't bottle it!)
  • ljw2701
    ljw2701 Posts: 169 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I also would recommend the Lion and Unicorn in Thornhill though admittedly haven't been recently myself - have suggested it to friends though who were very impressed.
  • stormbreaker
    Options
    cazziebo wrote: »
    The Lade Inn, Callander
    Lion and Unicorn, Thornhill
    River House, Stirling (just at the roundabout when you come from A84 to go onto A9)
    Champney's Chop and Ale House, Linlithgow

Just a few suggestions. Have a fab time at Go Ape - I'm going out the following week (if I don't bottle it!)

Thanks. I have to admit I am only going to watch and take a few photos. My OH and two sons are the brave ones.

BTW have you booked? If not we managed to find a discount code. Pm me if you want it.
  • cazziebo
    Options
    Well - we did it! Go Ape was a great experience. Really surprised myself but not as much as I surprised my OH and DD! really good fun.

Didn't realise how muddy you get so some of these recommendations probably aren't appropriate unless you have a change of clothes with you. We went for a bar supper to the Forth Inn in Aberfoyle itself and no one turned us away for being so manky! Food was excellent, extensive menu and reasonably priced. Nice pub to sit in, too. Got a nice outdoor area but not so attractive in torrential rain.

PS - I'm so glad I had some bubble wrap in the boot to put on the car seats before we sat down!
  • stormbreaker
    Options
    Hi cazziebo, glad you enjoyed it OH and the boys did too! As we were traveling some distance we had a complete change, soap and towel with us. However the day we went was a scorcher and the only one to get overly dirty was OH who changed tshirt and had quick skoosh of deoderant(minging I know) in the car park. The boys were too goosed and hungry. We stopped of at the butchers as you suggested which was better than the late breakfast planned. One of the staff at Go Ape recommended the Forth Inn but as we had already had two recommendations to the Lion and the Unicorn we went there. We are planning to go again with more family members perhaps in October so will keep the Forth in mind for then.
    Did the voucher code work?
  • cazziebo
    Options
    The voucher code didn't work for me - the website wouldn't let me enter any codes. But thanks for the offer of it. How was the Lion and Unicorn? I would definitely go back to the Forth but it's good to know of other places around.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure