Earning with Adsense?

Options
Is there anyway to earn more with Adsense from just advert views rather then clicks. As I don't get many clicks on my website, as most people don't click adverts on the net anymore, so is there a way to earn from just vistors viewing the adverts?

Comments

• Batchy-Boy
    Batchy-Boy Posts: 96 Forumite
    Options
    I have had over 12,000 views on my webstie and made nothing, but have had 50 clicks and got 84p!

I think if you get loads of views then you might get paid a little like every 20,000!
  • robt_2
    robt_2 Posts: 3,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mkkid28 wrote: »
    Is there anyway to earn more with Adsense from just advert views rather then clicks. As I don't get many clicks on my website, as most people don't click adverts on the net anymore, so is there a way to earn from just vistors viewing the adverts?

No, sorry.
  • DrGUID
    DrGUID Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    You need more website visitors and a profitable niche to be able to make good money out of AdSense.

I have something like a million page views a year. I make about 30 quid a month on AdSense, which pays the expenses of running my business. Having a product I can sell online is much more lucrative for me though.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If your website visitors aren't clicking then it might be that the adverts you're generating aren't specific enough. Try a "tighter" writing style. It might mean breaking your page down into smaller chunks. Go through your page and ensure that what you've written isn't covering too many areas.

Check your stats and drop any advert areas/styles that have poor performance, you'll be issued with lower paying adverts if you're not performing well. So continually test and check different adverts in different areas until you get a better result. Maybe your adverts are in the wrong part of the page, or the wrong shape/type.

What is your CTR?

Have you installed any method of tracking your visitors? How are they getting to your site? How long are they staying?

By checking your stats you might find they came there for a different reason. I had a website that I created and it was making £100/month, I studied the stats and started to give people what they came for, that one site's now making about 10x that amount.

e.g. if you're running a website on cookery, if the keywords that brought people to your website were for "outdoor cookery" and "barbq cookery", then you need to provide a bit more for them.

One of my websites consistently gives me a CTR of 25%.

I make 45% of my income from Adsense.
  • punkrockprincess
    Options
    Its maybe a good thing that you dont get many clicks. I had adsense on my website for 2 months and got lots of click throughs I made like $200+ but then google closed my account saying it was fake clicks or something, I don't really know. But I was so close to a pay out and then it got cancelled, and I was kinda upset! Now I just dont put ads on my site anymore!
  • Zebedee69
    Zebedee69 Posts: 1,034 Forumite
    Options
    To be honest the tidy money is running a small affiliate site. Mine earns me 100-250 a month and doesn't take a massive amount of work to run/advertise.

Best thing is that most companies pay out middle of the month giving you a nice cash boost in between paydays! My next plan is to work on the weekends maybe as a doorman to earn cash weekly. Id love it if there was money flowing into my account every week!
  • richt71
    richt71 Posts: 946 Forumite
    Options
    You've 3 options. Narrow down the adsense ads as suggested to encourage click throughs. Change to affliate ads from places like clickbank, commission junction or ebay partners. Lastly you could try a cost per action publisher like primaryads. They pay per clickthrough but offer some incentives for your visitors to do so like shopping cards etc (mainly for US though) in return for name and email address.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....html?t=305655

REFERRAL POSTS

Posts from which site users gain are permitted only on the Referrers Board. This includes links to rpoints etc threads. Any posted elsewhere will be moved to the Referrers Board. Links to the referrals board from the main forums are not allowed.

This also includes members
    saying "Please PM me for code" or "check my post on referrers". The overriding rule is that no advertising is allowed on the main forums.
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family