I want manufacturers to pay me for wearing their logos !

Options
If advertisers pay householders rent for displaying their billboard advertising posters on the side of their houses and shops, why can't I charge advertisers, (particularly clothing manufacturers) for displaying their logos on clothing whenever I wear it? Why should I give them free advertising and publicity? My body must be worth something ! ):rotfl:

What would be the going rate for a YSL or Pierre Cardin logo do you think?
Anybody care to suggest a daily rate and the addresses for some of these people and perhaps we can start a reverse advertising campaign going and start mailing them some invoices !:rotfl:

Comments

• bronzedg
    bronzedg Posts: 68 Forumite
    Options
    There already doing it but if your not famous i doubt they will be bothered
  • greyster
    greyster Posts: 2,392 Forumite
    Options
    and they're investigating relaxing the laws about brands in TV shows too.
  • dhs87
    dhs87 Posts: 104 Forumite
    Options
    I think at best, you could get free t-shirts that some retailers hand out to their sales assistants. I doubt you would get paid though unless you're in the public eye.

I also doubt a fashion label would give you one of their shirts with a big YSL logo on the back; it'd ruin their look. But a big one for Next, a retailer, on the other hand might work. But as I said, doubt they'll pay you.

I haven't got a clue on how you'd go about doing this though. I guess its like asking for free samples when you ring up a company!
  • LittleVoice
    LittleVoice Posts: 8,974 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Primrose wrote: »
    What would be the going rate for a YSL or Pierre Cardin logo do you think?

I enjoyed your post.

You already know that the rate is a reverse one - you pay them.
  • ThinkingOfLinking
    Options
    I enjoyed your post.

You already know that the rate is a reverse one - you pay them.

Indeed and that is part of why I don't wear logos. My other reasons it's a bit tacky, "Ooh, look, I have money, I can afford D&G!" and also that I like to look original and different and I have other women coming up to me to ask where my clothes are from because it's not obvious. Much cooler.:cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure