Pub landlords? -fruit machine?

Options
Is there any publicans in the house?

I'm looking to buy a fruit machine.

It would be nice if it takes notes, is wall mountable and has some sort of feature interest.

Alternatively perhaps there is a forum somewhere for pub landlords?
Order of events: Banks lose our money -> get bailed out -> were inflating GBP to cover it -> now taxing us -> next will grab your funds direct -> things get really desperate to balance the books. What should have happened?: banks go bust and we lost our money much quicker

Comments

• marshmallow79
    Options
    Sorry can't help to much but I'd take a look at bookies to.
    1st Aim = Pay off Virgin CC - £3929.11
  • d900
    d900 Posts: 295 Forumite
    Options
    they tend to have a contract where the old machines are replaced every x months so they never really own one.
    get hold of a company that sells them plenty of options if you use google...
    The orginal post in this thread has a very very slim chance of being about money saving. The post is more than likely to ask a question that google could answer better than any of us.
  • jago25_98
    jago25_98 Posts: 623 Forumite
    Options
    I'm after an independent opinion; something I look for when I buy anything over £50
    Order of events: Banks lose our money -> get bailed out -> were inflating GBP to cover it -> now taxing us -> next will grab your funds direct -> things get really desperate to balance the books. What should have happened?: banks go bust and we lost our money much quicker
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    theres a really good forum on https://www.thepublican.com

Or there used to be !
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • scriblesvurt
    Options
    IMHO, avoid Fruit Machines with note readers like the plague. Unless you want to spend all your life repairing or handing out notes to people who have "Had their cash eaten"
    Also, if your going to get one. Get two and place them side by side. It will maximise your rev.
  • PeteHi
    PeteHi Posts: 181 Forumite
    Options
    I'm not sure if you want it for your house or for a pub/club etc (you'll need a licence).

Like a lot of UK leisure industries, the fruit machine one is a dying game (combination of a badly performing pub trade, online gambling and the lottery). Your best bet is to take a look in yellow pages, there is likely to be a few small companies still going in your area who will sell you what you are looking for around the £100-150 mark for cash 2nd/3rd/4th hand (new, you are looking around the £1000 mark easily). Alternatively, a few often pop up on ebay.

Pub landlords wont be much use to you as its more than likely all their equipment is rented and as such doesnt belong to them to sell.
  • Scaredy_Cat_3
    Scaredy_Cat_3 Posts: 2,812 Forumite
    Options
    I'm sure I've come across a few of these on ebay. Might be worth checking.
  • jago25_98
    jago25_98 Posts: 623 Forumite
    Options
    A friend has one in their home! They got thiers off ebay too.

I think it's a great way to save money, but I'd prefer one that takes a greater range of coins or notes, and mounts to a wall to take up less space.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure