Rabbit in Leeds

horrorhag
horrorhag Posts: 129 Forumite
How much does it cost for rabbit in leeds (from a butcher) approximately. i love rabbit and i think if its cheaper than beef will be a good alternative.

Comments

• Millie's_Mum
    Millie's_Mum Posts: 1,199 Forumite
    I'm in Leeds (Pudsey), my butcher has them in but to be honest I can't remember how much they were, I just remember thinking they were not as cheap as I expected/remembered but I will look next time I go in and post again.
    MFW Start Sep 07 £79484, Now £58774
  • horrorhag
    pudsey is a bit out of the way for me to be honest. im a city centre girl. but thanks for the offer
  • dixie_dean_2
    dixie_dean_2 Posts: 1,812 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    You can get from the farmers' market on the first and third sundays of the month for about...herm, can't remember really but for stews and stuff beef is cheaper or about the same.
    And if, you know, your history...
  • horrorhag
    went to the local game butcher in the leeds market and i was extremely impressed by the price of game! i got a tray of rabbit (good cuts mind) for £1.50. plenty for me and my OH. Pigion is also very cheap too. i always order game at resturants and im chuffed that its cheap enough for me to replace other traditional meats
  • horrorhag
    update: had rabbit ragu- delicious!
  • LS13_G
    LS13_G Posts: 82 Forumite
    if you want any meat give me a pm, im from bramley and can all sorts of meat as me dad works at a wholesalers. i think its £55 for 20-25 8oz steaks and cheap prices. give me a pm if your interested
    LS13 G
    AUGUST £5 a day challange - £43.00/£155.00
    + £10 Amazon Voucher Whoooooop!!!
  • horrorhag
    £55 is lot for a couple especially one of which who is a student, but thanks for the offer
  • poorly_scammo
    poorly_scammo Posts: 34,024 Forumite
    I got a rabbit from Leeds Market. It was a while back but it was from an established stall so I imagine they'll still be there.
    Can't remember how much it was BUT it was a lot cheaper than chicken and beef.
    4.30: conduct pigeon orchestra...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport