Company fuel card but which reward scheme??

Options
Dont know if Im posting this in the right place but I have a company fuel card and was wondering if anyone knows wheres the best place to fill up to collect reward points.

I put in about £100-120 per week and have a nectar card and tesco clubcard. Does anyone know which would earn me the most (I would also get any other reward cards if they were better).

I was thinking of just saving up the points and using them for my supermarket shopping at xmas.

Comments

• sophie131
    sophie131 Posts: 853 Forumite
    Options
    Don't use the clubcard points for supermarket shopping at Tescos if you can help it.
    They are worth 4x the value as 'deals' so if you have 2.50 in vouchers to use at tesco's, they are worth £10 as deals on there website, check it out!!
  • woohoo_postingid
    Options
    Shell do a loyalty card as well so you could get one of those.

Overall Tesco is much better than nectar but if you have a card for each place, then you can't lose!!
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have the full gamut : shell, nectar ( at sains & BP) and clubcard.

Apparently shell give boots vouchers although god knows how much you have to buy before you get vouchers.

It then doesnt really matter where I buy fuel as I'll get something out of it- but nectars better as being on the road- especially motorways a lot, BP is much more available than supermarket fuel :)
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • shiprob195
    shiprob195 Posts: 746 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My husband is a delivery driver for a tile company. He has an ALLSTAR card to fill up with fuel.
    When he started with the company he was told to fill up anywhere really.

So he started to go to Tescos (cheaper, on the whole than the local filling station). he go the store locator book from customer services, so that he could go the the nearest Tescos when he was "on the road".

Most of the other drivers also used Tescos.

A couple of weeks ago all the drivers were called in to explain why they were all going to Tescos and were they all getting clubcard points?

DH explained that it was saving the company money and saving time because he knew where all the cheap Tescos were.

A BAN was put on all Tescos fuel.

It is now costing the company a lot more in fuel because sometimes DH has to fill up on or near motorways.

HTH

Vicky
    Slimming world new starter 2/1/17
    :D:D:DWeight loss so far 5 stone 8 lbs

:rotfl:Loss needed to get to target NONE!!! TARGET MEMBER :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts