Mortgage deal ending soon

Options
Hi I'm new to this.
I have a mortgage with yorkshire building society and come out of the fixed rate in may next year, My partner has an IVA and so is not currently on the mortgage. His IVA will finish in february. I am worried about the mortgage as my salary has dropped considerably and so may need my partner to go on the mortgage with me but we may have problems as the IVA stays on his credit history for 6 years. Any help?

Comments

• happybroker
    happybroker Posts: 1,301 Forumite
    Options
    what sort of mortgage balance are we looking at, what is your current income and what is the value of the house?

if things are as they are now then it is very unlikely your partner will be granted a mortgage if the IVA has only been completed a couple of months.
    Happily an ex mortgage broker!
  • _Andy_
    _Andy_ Posts: 11,150 Forumite
    Options
    You could always stay with your existing lender - they won't need to re-undewrite your mortgage again so the income shouldn't be an issue.
  • clarebear2008
    Options
    hi thank you for your replies.
    I was wanting to stay with the same lender anyway so would they need to look at my income if I have already been granted the mortgage 2 years ago? The house was 77k when we bought it and our mortgage was for 75k 2 years ago. I'm paying a repayment each month and my income has dropped to only 14k with going part time. Do you need any more info? help appreciated
  • _Andy_
    _Andy_ Posts: 11,150 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

No they wouldn't need to look at your income again. They'd only do this if you wanted to borrow more.
  • Gloster_Advise
    Options
    As Andy said converting to a new product wouldn't require any further income/credit verification. Borrowing more, you may have a problem depending on the amount you wish to borrow.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Take advice with a pinch of sea salt!
  • clarebear2008
    Options
    thank you all for your replies you've put my mind at ease. Would you be able to give me some advice nearer the time to renewal?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure