Is there an Edinburgh Travel Club ?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Scotland
2 replies 2.5K views
alison74alison74 Forumite
1.6K Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Scotland
Does anyone know of any Edinburgh travel clubs ? Something along the lines of people getting together to discuss where they have been and planning future trips etc ?

I have searched on Google, but nothing has come up

Thanks in advance

Replies

• competitionscafecompetitionscafe Forumite
    4.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was on a mailing list for something like this a while back - I think they had slide shows at a hotel in Stockbridge - will try to dig out the name.

Aah - found it:
    Scottish Travellers Exploring the Planet
    Step Club, West End Hotel, 35 Palmerston Place, Edinburgh. STEP is a club for anyone of any age who is interested in travelling or in hearing about other people’s travels. You certainly don’t need to be an intrepid traveller to join - just as long as you have a healthy interest in places away from home! It meets usually on the first Monday of the month at 8.00pm for informal meetings, usually with a speaker and slide presentation. Guests are always very welcome indeed. You buy your own drink(s), and we charge £1 a night to cover other costs, and also have an annual subscription of c£10. For further information, contact xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx fairly sure that emails and phone no's are not allowed here - pm me if you want them or search Google for Scottish Travellers Exploring the Planet
    Step - let me know what it's like - i kept meaning to go along but never got round to it - some of the talks sounded really interesting....

edit: found this web site for them:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scottishtravellers/
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
  • alison74alison74 Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Thank you so much for that.

I think this is the same club that advertised in Wanderlust travel magazine, but I emailed them and heard nothing back, but have applied for membership on the site you gave me.

I will PM you if I go to their meeting, but unfortunately I am away travelling on the 1st Monday of November !!

Cheers
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Lloyds Bank wrongly declares customer dead

Account was closed due to a misreading

MSE News

Cheap home insurance

Grab 100+ buildings insurance quotes & cashback

MSE Guides

£12 for 1L Baileys

Available at Tesco, Morrisons & Asda

MSE Deals