PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Darts food..Help!

Hi osers..Help!
I am captain of a darts team and have been doing the food for the past few weeks.
The landlord gives me £15 to produce food for approx 15 people.
Last time i did cheese and onion sarnies..egg sarnies(eggs provided by my dear garden hens..Ex battery hens) a pasta salad, potato salad and i also bought some tiny scotch eggs and a few cocktail sausages...oh and pickled onions(which were very popular)
I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what else i could do???
Any other nice cheapish sarnie filling ideas??
Pasta salad recipes..i quite fancy doing a cold rice pasta but dont have a recipe.
Thanks for reading
x
#440 sealed pot challenge

Comments

• Trow
    Trow Posts: 2,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    HM pizza, HM quiche, sausage rolls. Try this thread for more ideas:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=288406
  • Debt_Free_Chick
    Debt_Free_Chick Posts: 13,276 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    HM Pizza. Make it in a swiss roll tin and it's easy to cut up into finger-slices.

Not sure about pasta/rice salad ...... I'm sure it would be lovely, but I imagine folk would prefer to have something they can just pick up with their fingers and shove in their gob ... whilst talking, drinking and throwing darts at the same time :rotfl: :rotfl:
    Warning ..... I'm a peri-menopausal axe-wielding maniac ;)
  • troll35
    troll35 Posts: 712 Forumite
    The packet savoury rices can make good rice salads. (I usually throw in extra plain rice as the seasoning in the packets will stretch). After it is cooked I mix in some finely chopped spring onion, chopped cucumber and peppers to give it the 'homemade' look.
    I like to live in cloud cuckoo land :hello:
  • lka200
    lka200 Posts: 195 Forumite
    Thankyou so much for your replies. Im off to mr T and aldi in a bit to get what i need...stil havent decided totally what to do..have 2 loaves in the freezer and also ive got loads of spuds from the garden so think a potato salad will be on the menu as well.
    #440 sealed pot challenge
  • I have twenty pound to cater for a 12 women darts team this thursday evening. But would like to do something orginal. Need ideas and fast people please

Thanks in advance
    Live for what tomorrow has to bring, not what yesterday has taken away
  • ZoeGirl_3
    ZoeGirl_3 Posts: 383 Forumite
    Since you say evening I am guessing you are offering dinner as oppossed to snacks? :confused:
    "Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without!!"
    Nov NSD: ?/30 Nov Make 10 Day ?/300
    Get Rid Of Debt: ?/2000 !! :mad:
  • I have twenty pound to cater for a 12 women darts team this thursday evening. But would like to do something orginal. Need ideas and fast people please

Thanks in advance

Hi there! We have a recent thread (£15 for 15 people, so you have a bit more budget per head ;) ). I'll add your post so that you can see what was suggested there :D

As it's the day after Bonfire Night, how about sausages and HM baked beans, followed by toffee cake :confused:

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • I'm a captain of a darts team and we have decided to split the team as we have enough for 2 teams .. and now I'm the treasurer aswell how would I go bout opening an account to put all savings in ect from team members with effect my benefits
  • anniecave
    anniecave Posts: 2,442 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm a captain of a darts team and we have decided to split the team as we have enough for 2 teams .. and now I'm the treasurer aswell how would I go bout opening an account to put all savings in ect from team members with effect my benefits
    You need an account for clubs - it's a similar set up for accounts for clubs, associations, community groups etc.  It's NOT the same as a business account (like a limited company) or a personal account.  Example:
    https://www.barclays.co.uk/help/business/accounts/clubs-charities-assoc/

As you probably realise, you need to keep good financial records of money received and money spent 
    Any money for a club/charity belongs to them so doesn't affect your entitlement to benefits if that's what you mean.  So the club income is not your income, the club money spent isn't your money spent, any club cash not in the bank account still belongs to them etc.  If anything I've listed above doesn't make sense to you then you need to ask for help. It's important you know what records you need to keep and what you need to do so there are no mistakes and no-one can accuse you of fraud.   

Indecision is the key to flexibility :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport