Cheapest way to travel from Glasgow to Edinburgh

Options
wirm
wirm Posts: 5,273 Forumite
Ok I'm going to Glasgow in November but I am hopefully heading to Edinburgh for the day.

As I'm a poor student I'm looking for the cheapest way to travel from Glasgow to Edinburgh and back!

Thanks!

wirm

Comments

• mikeyd
    mikeyd Posts: 69 Forumite
    Options
    Depending on what date/time you are travelling, citylink offer single (one way) tickets starting from £1, so they are probably the cheapest option - Citylink
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    Speak nicely to me and I might come and pick you up icon12.gif
  • competitionscafe
    Options
    wirm wrote:
    As I'm a poor student I'm looking for the cheapest way to travel from Glasgow to Edinburgh and back!

Hitchhike! (Only kidding not in Glasgow, although I have done it in places like Skye, Mull, and the Highlands with reasonable success). Never try hitching from Fort William to the Nevis Range ski gondola though because there is no pavement and you will walk all the way (in the road!) and nobody will stop (probably because they can't!) Much more dangerous to life and limb than the skiing or mountaineering you do when you (eventually) get there! :(

Anyway, sorry, EDinburgh to Glasgow - try MegaBus - they claim to have 100,000 free seats (50p booking fee) - make sure you book online and not by phone as it's 60p a minute for the phone call!!!!!

http://www.megabus.com/
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts