BOL.com (Books Online)

Options
I know that they do vouchers but I just can't seem to find any. Any ideas?
...and then the window licker said to me...

Comments

• kitty_3-2
    Options
    Don't bother. AVOID. BOL may be the worst and most dishonest company in the UK. ...I,ve just manged to get an admission they didn't send an order their system and repeated e-mails claimed had been sent. But no refund without litigation.
    Sarah x
  • knuckledragger
    Options
    Worth knowing, thanks :)
    ...and then the window licker said to me...
  • rag_doll
    rag_doll Posts: 210 Forumite
    Options
    I've ordered from them a couple of times in the past & haven't experienced any difficulties, the items I ordered were delivered within a week, I'll be more wary now!!
    Anyone else got any positive or negative feedback? ???
    FAIRTRADE NOT FREE TRADE

STOP THE BADGER CULL - PLEASE SIGN HM GOVERNMENT E-PETITION
  • roses
    roses Posts: 2,330 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just placed my 3rd order with them.

The first 2 orders arrived within 5 days of placing the order.

This time round they have told me there are courier delays & it will take up to 28 days. I ordered the books 3 weeks ago as I am going on holiday on Thursday & wanted something to read. I've cancelled the order now so I can buy the books from elsewhere as they said they can't get the books to me by the time I leave....
  • izzwizz_2
    Options
    Another unhappy customer here. I've ordered a few times in the past without any problems. My latest order was supposed to have been despatched over two weeks ago but has not been received and they're not answering my emails. :(
  • lyniced
    lyniced Posts: 1,880 Forumite
    Options
    Placed my order on 24th October, money taken 27th October, despatched 29th October - still no goods. Don't try ringing them, as they take forever to reply at your expense. Oh and when I did finally get through, I got some guy on the end of the phone who kept saying, 'um' and 'er' and said 'I think it takes up to 28 days to arrive' !! Can I suggest to people to use PLAY.COM for their book purchases from now on - books are cheap, postage is free and they are quick!
    Me transmitte sursum, caledoni
  • cmbargainhunter
    Options
    They are cheap and you can get the latest books at really good prices. For instance "Diamond Girls" by J Wilson is only £4.39 for hard back. That is the cheapest I have found. However I am not sure that the hassel is worth it. They took my money for an order of four books on the 29 October, only now have the despatched the books. Not got them yet, and they do say that they allow 28 days for delivery!
  • lyniced
    lyniced Posts: 1,880 Forumite
    Options
    Glory, glory - my books arrived today only 18 days after despatch. I wonder where they spent their 18 days in transit?
    Me transmitte sursum, caledoni
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport