Overpayment spreadsheet ps??

Options
Hi,

I want to overpay my mortgage but overpayments will be different amounts each month. Does anyone have a link to a spreadsheet that allows me to input info monthly, giving me details of how many years/money saved so far? I am not clever enough to work out my own formulas !!!!
Many thanks

Comments

• mischiefmaker
    Options
    I hope this link works but I was looking for the same thing and I know i'm sad but got very excited when I found it.

http://www.thismuchiknow.co.uk/?p=42

Your then just click on the download worksheet into excel.
  • Newbird
    Newbird Posts: 488 Forumite
    Options
    Thx MM - its just what I need too! :D
    Bless Martin's Little Cotton Socks. I thank him for giving us MSE. Look what its grown into!

MFW = ASAP #124
  • cashsaver
    cashsaver Posts: 199 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you mischiefmaker....exactly what I am looking for!!!! Have tried it out and am (sadly) ecstatic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck.
  • The_Casual_Tailor
    Options
    Thanks very much for the link. It was just what I was looking for.
    Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose.
  • cake21
    cake21 Posts: 1,039 Forumite
    Options
    I hope this link works but I was looking for the same thing and I know i'm sad but got very excited when I found it.

http://www.thismuchiknow.co.uk/?p=42

Your then just click on the download worksheet into excel.

Another sad but excited and grateful person over here :T
  • Bargain_Rzl
    Bargain_Rzl Posts: 6,254 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for that. The only issue is that it doesn't take into account daily interest, or what day of the month regular and overpayments are made. I designed my own spreadsheet which is a little more accurate (not entirely so, as it assumes the daily interest to be an identical value to the previous day as long as a payment hasn't been made), however it's much more cumbersome and a really large ungainly file. If I manage to get one working better I'll offer it by PM.
    :)Operation Get in Shape :)
    MURPHY'S NO MORE PIES CLUB MEMBER #124
  • Bargain_Rzl
    Options
    P.S. Has anybody worked out how to get this spreadsheet to account for a non-standard minimum payment in the first month of the mortgage? e.g. my mortgage started at £51,699 on 22nd November 2006, and my first payment on 27th December 2006 was about £74 more than my usual minimum payment to account for interest accrued from 22-27 November...
  • Bargain_Rzl
    Options
    Ah, thanks! I'd already unlocked it and started tweaking things :D I love Excel. Good to know I'm not the only Excel geek around here! :o
  • cashsaver
    Options
    Excel-lent isn't it? Punched in a few buttons and have "virtually" paid mine off !!

Bargain Rzl - would love a more accurate version, when you have time to work on it - many thanks for your offer.

My mortgage is laaaarge so am now on a mission!!
  • cashsaver
    Options
    cake21 wrote: »
    Not sure which is worse...your terrible pun, or the fact that I found it funny :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

:rotfl: No more... I promise !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport