Options
13»

Comments

• Wiggynut
    Wiggynut Posts: 1,039 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    yenners wrote: »
    Hi Wiggynut, I wasat Harrods yesterday and they only had 3 pairs left, in UK size 3 and 3.5 so don't bother unless you're lucky enough to fit that shoe size.

JL is better bet as they had loads of size available when I bought mine

thanks - that saves me a trip over there... I'm a size 6 (apparently you have to buy a larger size though so trying them on is the best option)

might have to go to JL though... they have their wool on sale too so a bit of a spending session will be on!

Thanks
    :A
    Light bulb moment April 07: [strike]£3,655 [/strike] Oct 07: [strike]£2,220[/strike] now 0 - 3 years of Uni debt to be added at a later date :o:D
    now at Uni as a Mature student -update: now has a First Class BA!
  • Agent_C
    Agent_C Posts: 565 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I picked some of these up on Thursday from John Lewis in Sheffield - they are downstairs by the sports section. They had a range of sizes of unisex shoes, but did seem to have mainly the smaller sizes. I normally take a 6.5 but needed a 5.5. I can attest for the effect of footwear on joints. I had orthotics from a podiatrist to correct pronation. Before getting them I'd suffered with awful knee pain, but after a few months it vanished. After a few years, my orthotics wore out. As I had moved away from where the podiatrist practised, he agreed to send me some new ones in the post. Months after getting them, I began suffering severe lower back/buttock pain. An osteopath said my sacroiliac joint was completely seized up, and after looking at the orthotics, said that they had forgotten to add height to one of them to correct a difference in leg length, and this had probably caused the problems.

I am hoping that the MBTs - which are meant to be worn without orthotics - might just do something for my back pain and appalling posture... otherwise they're going on ebay. :)
  • Guapa1
    Guapa1 Posts: 890 Forumite
    Options
    yenners wrote: »
    Hi Wiggynut, I wasat Harrods yesterday and they only had 3 pairs left, in UK size 3 and 3.5 so don't bother unless you're lucky enough to fit that shoe size.

JL is better bet as they had loads of size available when I bought mine

:mad: They didn't have those sizes when I was there! John Lewis it is on Wednesday! I need to get some haberdashery stuff anyway.
    Getting there... A deal at a time. :T
  • Balbadier
    Options
    Having read your post I thought I should let you know, that with the correct advice you can wear your orthotics in your MBTs. See the FAQs on swissmasai.co.uk
    Also a company called Bolton Bros who are the repair & service centre for MBTs, offer a service to alter MBTs, so you could even get the MBTs adjusted to accommodate the leg length discrepancy you mention.
    Hope that the info is of use.:confused:
    Agent_C wrote: »
    I picked some of these up on Thursday from John Lewis in Sheffield - they are downstairs by the sports section. They had a range of sizes of unisex shoes, but did seem to have mainly the smaller sizes. I normally take a 6.5 but needed a 5.5. I can attest for the effect of footwear on joints. I had orthotics from a podiatrist to correct pronation. Before getting them I'd suffered with awful knee pain, but after a few months it vanished. After a few years, my orthotics wore out. As I had moved away from where the podiatrist practised, he agreed to send me some new ones in the post. Months after getting them, I began suffering severe lower back/buttock pain. An osteopath said my sacroiliac joint was completely seized up, and after looking at the orthotics, said that they had forgotten to add height to one of them to correct a difference in leg length, and this had probably caused the problems.

I am hoping that the MBTs - which are meant to be worn without orthotics - might just do something for my back pain and appalling posture... otherwise they're going on ebay. :)
  • cestlavie
    Options
    if you've got bad posture or a bad gait, wearing "special" :rolleyes: shoes is just going to get you do the same thing a different kind of badly. you'd be better off investing your money in a few alexander technique lessons where yo'll discover why you've got problems in the first place!
  • hethmar
    hethmar Posts: 10,678 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Forgive me for resurrecting this thread, but my husband has been recommended to get these shoes.

However, on the home website they say you mustnt buy them on the net as they have to be "fitted". Is that correct or is it just a way of keeping the price up as Ive seen them much much cheaper that the RRP?

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport