Debenhams Clearance store items all under a fiver!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Scotland
9 replies 5.9K views
scottishfscottishf Forumite
1.2K Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Scotland
Was in East Kilbride today, and Debenhams have took over one of the empty shops and converted it into a clearance shop. All items £5 and under. Got some fab bargains of shoes for £2 and pineapple tops and bottoms for £2, and a stunning Tigerlily flowergirl gress for my ddaughter for £3 :O. Dont know how long it will be there for.

Replies

• kw03cdkw03cd Forumite
    87 Posts
    Will be there on Thursday. Littlewoods Clearance is due to open in the old Index store and is having 20% off 6-9pm.
  • scottishfscottishf Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    ahh i was wondering when that was going to open!!! didnt have time to go up and check if it opened yet because i spent so long in d11ebenhams bah!!!. Where did you find the info for this?....might see ye there!!!!!
  • kw03cdkw03cd Forumite
    87 Posts
    I got a letter from them inviting me. When you get a refund from them they take your address and send you offers occassionally.
  • 2boysmum2boysmum Forumite
    392 Posts
    Whereabouts is the Debenhams clearance store, i am going to E.K on sunday and would like to go but hubby can't walk very far so would need to park as close to the store as possible
  • fishhawksfishhawks Forumite
    269 Posts
    I went to EK last weekend and the store was just outside debenhams, on the lower level I think - come out of Debenhams from the mens wear section and its the first shop unit on the right.

I would check before you go, as there was a notice in the window to say the clearance store was only open last saturday and sunday.
    Waddle you do eh?
  • 2boysmum2boysmum Forumite
    392 Posts
    Thanks fishhawks. That's just typical, I'll have a look while i'm there as I'm going to the shopping centre anyway even if it's not there anymore
  • kw03cdkw03cd Forumite
    87 Posts
    Went to EK today and couldn't find the Debenhams clearance shop. I asked a member of staff and told it was only open over the weekend. They weren't very helpful but gave me the impression that it was a one off. Maybe best to phone and ask before going this weekend.

Littlewood Clearance has opened and looks as though it is trying to go up market a bit. Was full of lovely dresses but didn't find the wardrobe staples that were usually in the shops in Hamilton and Parkhead. I was looking for shoes and couldn't see very many. Also wanted a jacket and didn't see any. Shop is smaller than Hamilton. Don't particularly like EK for shopping and don't see myself hurrying back.
  • scottishfscottishf Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Oh thats really dissapointing, as the shop in Hamilton used to be one of my favs. I will take a wee look today and brace myself for dissapointment
  • anderson8anderson8 Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    found this old thread.
    theyve opened one of these clearance stores in falkirk on the 2nd floor of the howgate. got a good few bargains in there today!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Tesco launches its first ever...

...checkout-free supermarket store

MSE News

25+ ways to stop scams

Plus what to do if you're a victim

MSE Guides

Beauty Advent calendar round-up

The Body Shop, Holland & Barrett etc

MSE Deals