Ideas For Venue In Cheshire

Hi, Son & GF have no money :happylove and have given me the job of finding a dream venue for their wedding ( no pressure then) What they WOULD like is Lake district, beautiful hotel/venue by a lake, with a stunning view. What they can afford is another thing altogether. I've already given them money for house, so cant give any more. So---- anyone know of somewhere in Cheshire that would fit the bill. They are thinking of sometime in 09.
:smileyhea A SMILE COSTS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

Comments

• Philippa36
    Philippa36 Posts: 6,007 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Have a look here

It lists all the available venues in your area.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    Kurt Vonnegut
  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    Tell them to go to Gretna Green - immediate family only need travel, cutting costs, and the pictures would be lovely.
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • hi i am a cheshire bride(altrincham)there a lots of venues in the cheshire area i have viewed most of them
    you have not mentioned how many guests or a rough budget this would give me more of an idea of what they can afford.
    as for the lake district thats not out of the question as they are some venues that are good value for money there
  • example of hotlel in lakes
    wedding breakfast £22.50 drinks pagage £9.50
    http://www.damsondene.co.uk/weddings.htm
    cruise on lake £700
    http://www.keswick-launch.co.uk/cruises_groups.htm
    nearly had wedding in the lakes but decided to stay in cheshire
    here my venue
    http://www.stapeleywg.com/department/weddings_and_functions/
    i am having later ceremony 4pm all guests invited so only having one meal great way to save money breakfast from £26
  • floss2
    floss2 Posts: 8,030 Forumite
    How about Walton Hall, look on the Warrington Council website.
  • Tired_Mom
    Tired_Mom Posts: 670 Forumite
    We got married 8 years ago and didn't want, and coldn't afford, a huge wedding but also didn't want to be the least important wedding of the day at a hotel with many function rooms. We had our reception at Wythenshawe Hall. It is a stunning building, you can also get married there, set in parkland. At the time you didn't pay to hire the venue just for the food etc. You have the hall to yourselves and it has various different rooms and it is surrounded by lovely gardens etc so if the weather is hot they put chairs out for the guests. We had amazing photos taken both in front of the property, and also in the gardens. Hope this helps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure