seeing debt counsellor but now its got tricky...

Options
icon1.gifok got through and seing debt counsellor on tuesday
.going for br (previous post, gonna lose house etc so going br)....but what a pickl...
ok
years ago i sold on ebay... clothes etc......then after having my 3rd child i dcided i would sell my hobby on ebay whilst bing at home oct 07 so i reg as self employed.... it was going to be so i could eventually open an onlin shop on a website bing made for free by a friend who is starting thir own business in web design so it helped them and me at the same time.

i opend a business account and i didnt take credit i sold my things to get supplies and and anything i made i put into the businss account...i dont do credit so figured to fund it myself would be the btter option...i would sell clothes to buy supplis make my items up and sell for a little more profit to get more supplies ( not made much at all and there was nowt in the account lol)

only now its started coming together and although not a lot, i have had some orders....even some have automatically paid....i wasnt expecting it.. its still in the paypal account....

when i saw cab... i told them i had planned on earning... and that i had set up .... she was sooo nice but said did i really want the stress atm of trying to work my !!! off for nothing ....i agree.... but i could do with the money my hubby backd ovr my sons pushchair lol

so if i go bankrupt...whn they go through my accounts im gonna gt into trouble for this? i wanna refund th money and tell them businss isnt open yet...

what accounts do they let you keep? i only have a solo anyway for my child benefit etc and i have asked for a maestro (no overdraught) because to get cheap petrol our asda is a card machine and no longer accpts solo...

i feel now that by trying to get a future its gonna backfire...

surley they would consider bing self employed is better than not working at all...

do thy just close your bank accounts?

how do they see what money you are using and / or how do they control it...

is it better for m to close the business account now...im confused.....

any info... please? :confused:

Comments

• tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I don't see you having a problem with this. You are a sole trader and allowed to earn money.

But it might be worth giving National Debtline or CCCS a ring in the morning (they close at 1pm tomorrow I think.) and just asking for a second opinion.,
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • erestar
    erestar Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    thanks hun will give thm a try cos its tying me in knots....scard of not mentioning something thats gonna get m into trouble etc......flippin jc narly got my hubby kicked off jobseekers cos he mentioned h did a trial day ( thn said h hoped it would lead to mre) so sh was about to gt him to fill in a form for work ....whn she went away to get forms a colleagu ovrheard me say "but you havent evn been paid! your not reg as self emp so threres no mony" sh agreed with me and said its bst not to say he workd for a day but put it down as a trial!!!!!!! for gods sake!!! no wonder my dad ( blss him) did the dodgy ha ha (passed now at 42) in fact he was working the day he died cos thy didnt think it was as bad as they thought!!!! but why try n btter yourself when youre gonna get stampd on!!!!!!!!!!!
    just for th record h has been off work since 18th of march and we havent recived a penny yet!!!!
  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    (((hugs))) life really seems to be throwing some curve balls at you. Well done on taking the bull by the horns and taking steps to get it back under control again.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • GettingHopeful
    Options
    Just to echo tigerfeet, all the very best for getting it sorted.

I had an ebay account but I did set it up as a business, and by the way, if anyone is reading circulars about how to make a fortune on ebay, (and Amazon) please be aware it takes all your waking hours, and then doesn't pay very much esp after tax- ebay fees are collossal, and sales getting slower - set it up end of Oct and close just before Christmas is my advice!

Goodluck Erestar.
    Bankrupt 11th June 2008
    Automatic Discharge 11th June 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills