Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Scarlet Fever
    0 WOW
    Newquay - Cornwall - Airport Development Fee
    • 23rd Jun 08, 4:48 PM
    0 WOW
    Newquay - Cornwall - Airport Development Fee 23rd Jun 08 at 4:48 PM
    I'm flying from Newquay in August. I've booked my flight and then i find out about the ADF. Basically everyone who flies through Newquay has to pay £5 on top of their ticket price.

Its feels like the booking fee rubbish we have to put up with when booking concert tickets etc. I know its not a lot of money - but they *are* making money from the airlines (and this in not linked to the current crunch fuel stuff)

it just annoys me thats all...

Airport Development Fee

On Saturday 29 October 2005 Newquay Cornwall Airport introduced a £5 Airport Development Fee for all departing passengers.

Newquay Cornwall Airport is one of the fastest growing regional airports in the UK. It boasts regular low cost flights to some of the country's major international airports and overseas destinations. To meet the increasing demand for flights to and from the region, Newquay Cornwall Airport must develop services, facilities and infrastructure to meet its customer's needs. To meet these rising costs and to secure the future of the airport it has been necessary to introduce an airport development fee.

Newquay Airport - ADF FAQ's
    Q. What is the ADF?
    A. ADF stands for Airport Development Fee. All departing passengers will be required to pay the fee except for children under the age of 16 (proof of age may be required).
    Q. Where does the money go?
    A. The revenue collected will be used to support the long term future of Newquay Cornwall Airport. Some of the money will go to repaying the borrowing cost of this capital. Further money will be used for long term development planning costs.

for more go to http://www.newquaycornwallairport.co...rticleid=40523
    Last edited by Scarlet Fever; 23-06-2008 at 4:49 PM. Reason: too long - popped a link in instead
    Willow: I knew it, I knew it, well not in the sense of having the slightest idea, but I knew there was something I didn't know!
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

505Posts Today

4,906Users online

Martin's Twitter