Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    TAZ
    is this unfair dismissal
    • 20th Jun 08, 8:06 PM
    is this unfair dismissal 20th Jun 08 at 8:06 PM
    my friend has asked me to ask on here for some advice, the story goes

my friend developed shingles in her mouth the week beginning 2 may, she works as a telephonist and continued working till she was sent home on 4th she went back in on the thursday but was too ill to stay, she went to doctors, who gave her a sick note from the 4th for 2 weeks and the doctor said she would not return to work until she gets a clear blood test result so would propbably be on sick longer, she went again this monday gone and was given another sick note. this was taken into her work on wednesday, she has since received a letter from her boss saying that they have terminated her contract due to her not giving her enough notice that she would not be in work on wednesday.

surely they cannot finish her because of this because
    1 she was on sick at the time
    2 the first sicknote was valid til wednesday wasn't it
    3 surely they cannot assume that she would return to work straight away as the sicknote did not have a return to work date on it.

her daughter has contacted acas and they seem to think its a clear case of unfair dismissal,

any ideas what steps to take now and also where does she stand on benefits as she is disabled as well and receives DLA but is ot sure how it works with her not been well.

thanks in advance
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

34Posts Today

4,133Users online

Martin's Twitter