Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    DONZERELLA
    33% off haircuts at SAKS!
    • 8th Jun 08, 8:53 PM
    33% off haircuts at SAKS! 8th Jun 08 at 8:53 PM
    Official MoneySavingExpert.com Insert

Until 20 June Saks salons nationwide are offering 33% discount on hair and beauty services. It's only at participating salons and with particular members of staff, so you will need to ring and check with your local salon. Click here to find your nearest Saks. Make sure you quote the '10 years younger prices' offer when you book.

Back to the original post...

Hi

If you have a saks hair salon near you - quote their 10 years younger offer when booking an appointment and you can get 33% off (1998 prices apparently!)

The link:

http://www.saks.co.uk/

i'm going to try and book tomorrow. i'm always on the look out for cheap haircuts as they are soooo expensive!!

Donna

xx

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by MSE Andrea; 10-06-2008 at 5:35 PM.
Page 1
  • dmg24
    • 8th Jun 08, 9:04 PM
    • 8th Jun 08, 9:04 PM
    Good find, but I would avoid the one in Nottingham. I had a bad cut there, but thought I'd give them another chance (different stylist), and that one was even worse!

I'm sure others are very good though! x
  • DONZERELLA
    • 8th Jun 08, 9:09 PM
    • 8th Jun 08, 9:09 PM
    I had a great cut at the one on gosforth high street in newcastle - although i'm in manchester so would love to know if anyone has used saks in mcr
    • JELLYBABY
    • By JELLYBABY 8th Jun 08, 9:27 PM
    • 593 Posts
    • 2,508 Thanks
    JELLYBABY
    • 8th Jun 08, 9:27 PM
    • 8th Jun 08, 9:27 PM
    Thanks! Have emailed our local Sacs salon to enquire further about restrictions, actual cost, etc.
  • jenando999
    • 9th Jun 08, 1:39 PM
    Reccommend a friend
    • 9th Jun 08, 1:39 PM
    Just noticed on the website as well a link to reccommend a friend, which entitles you both to a £10 voucher.
    http://www.saks.co.uk/tell-a-friend.asp

Not sure if you could use the voucher in conjunction with the other offer but it's worth a go.
    Last edited by jenando999; 09-06-2008 at 1:43 PM.
    • Chocmonster7
    • By Chocmonster7 9th Jun 08, 2:34 PM
    • 2,088 Posts
    • 1,795 Thanks
    Chocmonster7
    • 9th Jun 08, 2:34 PM
    • 9th Jun 08, 2:34 PM
    I've just booked to be a "hair model" at one of their training academies, never been one before so it will be an interesting experience!
  • dmg24
    • 9th Jun 08, 4:46 PM
    • 9th Jun 08, 4:46 PM
    I've just booked to be a "hair model" at one of their training academies, never been one before so it will be an interesting experience!
    Originally posted by Chocmonster7
    I used to go to the Sassoon one regularly. A cheap way to get a cut/ colour for free or next to nothing. Just don't expect to be in and out quickly ... you can be there several hours!

If you don't live near an academy, Saks also do this at some of their salons.
  • traveladdict8
    • 9th Jun 08, 7:33 PM
    • 9th Jun 08, 7:33 PM
    Could anyone tell me what Saks prices are like - 2008 ones or even 1998 if you have been for your appointment?!!! I'm short on cash at the moment and would love a good cut and highlights but nt sure if I could afford it or it'd be worth my travelling time to get to a salon.

Thanks
  • V_tricky
    • 10th Jun 08, 8:12 AM
    • 10th Jun 08, 8:12 AM
    Hi I went back to see the only hairdresser that I've ever felt comfortable with, and had a haircut as part of this deal.

Normally the haircut is something like £42, and £28 as part of this deal.

Also, if you are part of a big company, Saks will give you a discount - I think ours was 30% off the first haircut or colour, and then maybe 10% off for every visit after - just ask them & I bet they'll help you out.

All posts made are my own opinions and constitute neither professional advice nor the opinions of my employers
    • madkid88
    • By madkid88 10th Jun 08, 11:25 AM
    • 366 Posts
    • 60 Thanks
    madkid88
    whats the price for men.
    if i had known then what i know now
  • onlyoneme
    Originally posted by Chocmonster7
    Hi

How did you do that and is that in London? Could you please let me know.

thanks
    • Chocmonster7
    • By Chocmonster7 10th Jun 08, 11:31 AM
    • 2,088 Posts
    • 1,795 Thanks
    Chocmonster7
    I used to go to the Sassoon one regularly. A cheap way to get a cut/ colour for free or next to nothing. Just don't expect to be in and out quickly ... you can be there several hours!
    Originally posted by dmg24
    Yes, they warned me about that but I'm not fussed. I'm in desperate need of a good haircut and don't have much spare cash so at £5 for a Saks one I'm willing to sit in the chair for a couple of hours.
  • gemmas5677
    Hi

How did you do that and is that in London? Could you please let me know.

thanks
    Originally posted by onlyoneme
    I just googled "hair academy & the nearest city to me which is Norwich & it came up with some good results."
    Won: Tigger Door Bouncer, Yogabugs book, Travel highchair, DVD Player, Redbull Flugtag Tickets

• DONZERELLA
    I had a cut, semi permanent all over colour and a file and polish on my nails. all of this came to £53.00 whch i thought was pretty good - although the cut wasn't excellent - but okay...
    • Chocmonster7
    • By Chocmonster7 17th Jun 08, 9:10 PM
    • 2,088 Posts
    • 1,795 Thanks
    Chocmonster7
    I had my £5 cut at their Northern training academy in Darlington yesterday and I'm very pleased. Took about 2 hours but it actually flew past, was interesting to listen to the way they taught too. I'll certainly be going back and probably for a colour next time as that only costs £15 extra.

I found out about it via their website, it says:-

Interested in being a model?
    Saks Academies nationwide are always looking for models for supervised training sessions. For London call 020 7379 3563, for Scotland call 0141 222 2662, for the North call 01325 341 621.
    • JELLYBABY
    • By JELLYBABY 17th Jun 08, 9:56 PM
    • 593 Posts
    • 2,508 Thanks
    JELLYBABY
    Thanks OP

My daughter and I have had our haircuts today and we are both very pleased with the results. Cost £49.98 for the two of us.

We were both given 2 x £10 off vouchers for future visits (til Sep) and that was after I had already decided that this was the place I was going to return to.

I have the best haircut I have had in years! Plus they pleased a 15 year old - how easy it that to do?

(Course wish I lived near an academy to get it all for £5 but I dont. I checked. LOL
  • stationaryace
    i'm going after work today, in 90 minutes actually! she mentioned something about putting me down as having a voucher on the phone but i can't see anything about that online so here's hoping they don't ask

(i wish there was one near me too jellybaby but alas it's the middle of nowhere here )
    when the first cup of coffee tastes like washing up she knows she's losing it
  • tjam
    i went to saks in bury. when i called them to book the appointment saying that there is an offer on the website for 33% off etc. they said they are not participating in that offer and i would need a voucher which i would get from te june's issue of the cosmopolitan magazine. so i got the magazine and the voucher.
    booked appointed for 11.30 on tues, got a call at 9.00 am saying the stylist who was to do my cut has called in sick so the most senior stylist will cut my hair but for the same price as the other one. so was happy with that.
    then when i went for the appointment they were running 10 minutes late , so i got a free hair treatment as well. plus got another £10 voucher , i also received a £10 voucher from the saks website as well .

the cut with the senor stylist usually costs £45 and i paid £23!!!

had a brilliant cut , they stylist was really good, staff were really nice and friendly , will definitely go there again!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

245Posts Today

1,142Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @RichardJLloyd: Thanks Martin. One of the best things of the last 5 years was campaigning for consumers alongside you. See you soon. htt?

• The new personal savings allowance - here's how it works... https://t.co/mW8Lc6cXZ2

• Just heard @RichardJLloyd is stepping down as Exec Director of Which? He's been a brilliant ambassador for them, shame for the organisation

• Follow Martin