IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
33% off haircuts at SAKS!
Closed Thread
Views: 16,524
# 1
DONZERELLA
Old 08-06-2008, 8:53 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Wink 33% off haircuts at SAKS!

Official MoneySavingExpert.com Insert

Until 20 June Saks salons nationwide are offering 33% discount on hair and beauty services. It's only at participating salons and with particular members of staff, so you will need to ring and check with your local salon. Click here to find your nearest Saks. Make sure you quote the '10 years younger prices' offer when you book.

Back to the original post...

Hi

If you have a saks hair salon near you - quote their 10 years younger offer when booking an appointment and you can get 33% off (1998 prices apparently!)

The link:

http://www.saks.co.uk/

i'm going to try and book tomorrow. i'm always on the look out for cheap haircuts as they are soooo expensive!!

Donna

xx

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by MSE Andrea; 10-06-2008 at 5:35 PM.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to DONZERELLA For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
dmg24
Old 08-06-2008, 9:04 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Good find, but I would avoid the one in Nottingham. I had a bad cut there, but thought I'd give them another chance (different stylist), and that one was even worse!

I'm sure others are very good though! x
# 3
DONZERELLA
Old 08-06-2008, 9:09 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I had a great cut at the one on gosforth high street in newcastle - although i'm in manchester so would love to know if anyone has used saks in mcr
# 4
JELLYBABY
Old 08-06-2008, 9:27 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Thanks! Have emailed our local Sacs salon to enquire further about restrictions, actual cost, etc.
# 5
jenando999
Old 09-06-2008, 1:39 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Reccommend a friend

Just noticed on the website as well a link to reccommend a friend, which entitles you both to a £10 voucher.
http://www.saks.co.uk/tell-a-friend.asp

Not sure if you could use the voucher in conjunction with the other offer but it's worth a go.

Last edited by jenando999; 09-06-2008 at 1:43 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jenando999 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
Chocmonster7
Old 09-06-2008, 2:34 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I've just booked to be a "hair model" at one of their training academies, never been one before so it will be an interesting experience!
# 7
dmg24
Old 09-06-2008, 4:46 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocmonster7 View Post
I've just booked to be a "hair model" at one of their training academies, never been one before so it will be an interesting experience!
I used to go to the Sassoon one regularly. A cheap way to get a cut/ colour for free or next to nothing. Just don't expect to be in and out quickly ... you can be there several hours!

If you don't live near an academy, Saks also do this at some of their salons.
# 8
traveladdict8
Old 09-06-2008, 7:33 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Could anyone tell me what Saks prices are like - 2008 ones or even 1998 if you have been for your appointment?!!! I'm short on cash at the moment and would love a good cut and highlights but nt sure if I could afford it or it'd be worth my travelling time to get to a salon.

Thanks
# 9
V_tricky
Old 10-06-2008, 8:12 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Hi I went back to see the only hairdresser that I've ever felt comfortable with, and had a haircut as part of this deal.

Normally the haircut is something like 42, and 28 as part of this deal.

Also, if you are part of a big company, Saks will give you a discount - I think ours was 30% off the first haircut or colour, and then maybe 10% off for every visit after - just ask them & I bet they'll help you out.

All posts made are my own opinions and constitute neither professional advice nor the opinions of my employers
# 10
madkid88
Old 10-06-2008, 11:25 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

whats the price for men.
if i had known then what i know now
# 11
onlyoneme
Old 10-06-2008, 11:28 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocmonster7 View Post
Hi

How did you do that and is that in London? Could you please let me know.

thanks
# 12
Chocmonster7
Old 10-06-2008, 11:31 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmg24 View Post
I used to go to the Sassoon one regularly. A cheap way to get a cut/ colour for free or next to nothing. Just don't expect to be in and out quickly ... you can be there several hours!
Yes, they warned me about that but I'm not fussed. I'm in desperate need of a good haircut and don't have much spare cash so at 5 for a Saks one I'm willing to sit in the chair for a couple of hours.
# 13
gemmas5677
Old 17-06-2008, 7:39 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyoneme View Post
Hi

How did you do that and is that in London? Could you please let me know.

thanks
I just googled "hair academy & the nearest city to me which is Norwich & it came up with some good results."
Won: Tigger Door Bouncer, Yogabugs book, Travel highchair, DVD Player, Redbull Flugtag Tickets

# 14
DONZERELLA
Old 17-06-2008, 9:04 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I had a cut, semi permanent all over colour and a file and polish on my nails. all of this came to 53.00 whch i thought was pretty good - although the cut wasn't excellent - but okay...
# 15
Chocmonster7
Old 17-06-2008, 9:10 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I had my 5 cut at their Northern training academy in Darlington yesterday and I'm very pleased. Took about 2 hours but it actually flew past, was interesting to listen to the way they taught too. I'll certainly be going back and probably for a colour next time as that only costs 15 extra.

I found out about it via their website, it says:-

Interested in being a model?
Saks Academies nationwide are always looking for models for supervised training sessions. For London call 020 7379 3563, for Scotland call 0141 222 2662, for the North call 01325 341 621.
# 16
JELLYBABY
Old 17-06-2008, 9:56 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Thanks OP

My daughter and I have had our haircuts today and we are both very pleased with the results. Cost 49.98 for the two of us.

We were both given 2 x 10 off vouchers for future visits (til Sep) and that was after I had already decided that this was the place I was going to return to.

I have the best haircut I have had in years! Plus they pleased a 15 year old - how easy it that to do?

(Course wish I lived near an academy to get it all for 5 but I dont. I checked. LOL
# 17
stationaryace
Old 18-06-2008, 2:38 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

i'm going after work today, in 90 minutes actually! she mentioned something about putting me down as having a voucher on the phone but i can't see anything about that online so here's hoping they don't ask

(i wish there was one near me too jellybaby but alas it's the middle of nowhere here )
when the first cup of coffee tastes like washing up she knows she's losing it
# 18
tjam
Old 18-06-2008, 10:35 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

i went to saks in bury. when i called them to book the appointment saying that there is an offer on the website for 33% off etc. they said they are not participating in that offer and i would need a voucher which i would get from te june's issue of the cosmopolitan magazine. so i got the magazine and the voucher.
booked appointed for 11.30 on tues, got a call at 9.00 am saying the stylist who was to do my cut has called in sick so the most senior stylist will cut my hair but for the same price as the other one. so was happy with that.
then when i went for the appointment they were running 10 minutes late , so i got a free hair treatment as well. plus got another 10 voucher , i also received a 10 voucher from the saks website as well .

the cut with the senor stylist usually costs 45 and i paid 23!!!

had a brilliant cut , they stylist was really good, staff were really nice and friendly , will definitely go there again!!
Closed Thread