IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Easyjet booking problem
Closed Thread
Views: 3,320
# 1
WOW Factor 0
Rytonian
Old 28-05-2008, 4:02 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Easyjet booking problem

Hello Guys

New to this board but have used the gambling loophole board before.

I have an issue with an easyjet booking. I am going on a trip with a few mates and I booked the flights. I have missed off one of the lads middle names and a second mate uses his second name for e.g. imagine his real name is Archibold Windsor Smythe, he gets called Windsor so I only entered Windsor Smythe on the booking (This is not his real name by the way ).

Question is, will this be a problem?

For the first mate his name is correct but his middle name is missing from the booking, for the second one the name on the booking does appear on his passport but it is a middle name.

Any experience of anything similar and wether we will encounter problems at check in would be gratefully recieved.
# 2
hammy the hammer
Old 28-05-2008, 4:54 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

the missing middle name isn't a problem .....you don't need to supply middle names and adding them just increases the chance of a mistake.
with regards to the 'wrong' name i would contact easyjet immediately to rectify it
# 3
ince mon
Old 28-05-2008, 5:21 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Archibold Windsor.
# 4
Rytonian
Old 29-05-2008, 1:19 PM
MoneySaving Convert

OK, thanks for the advice, I took it and rang easy jet. After finaly getting through their 'customer service experience' I managed to speak to a human, who much to my surprised was not only happy to confirm that the missing middle name would not be an issue (I checked this with passport control as well and they also confirmed it was not a problem), he then also agreed to add my other mates first name to the booking free of charge .

When I tried on-line they wanted to charge me £20 each way to change it plus an uplift of the difference in the fare between when I booked it in November and the cost of the flight yesterday. Total cost would have been £116 per change.

I really thought they would ask me to pay, as it was my mistake and it is clearly outlined in their t&c's, so full marks to them for being reasonable on this one.

Archibold is a happy bunny as he thought he was stopping at home!! Gives us a few more beer tokens for our trip

Last edited by Rytonian; 29-05-2008 at 1:22 PM.
Closed Thread