Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Gingham Ribbon
    Bannister Spindles too far apart. What should I do?
    • 11th Sep 05, 8:22 PM
    Bannister Spindles too far apart. What should I do? 11th Sep 05 at 8:22 PM
    Hi!

I've been slowly stripping paint from my bannister and staircase and I want to do something about the spindles being too far apart. To the point where, if I left my toddler at the top of the stairs, he could fit through them.

I HAVE to do something about it because I can't spend the next few years not letting him play upstairs without me! I'd like to do it myself but I'm no diy expert. There is room for another spindle in between the ones there but I don't want to have to take the whole thing apart as it's at the top of the stairs and I'm worried about not putting it back together properly.

Does anyone know how to add spindles without taking it apart? Would it be easy to dismantle and reassemble? (ie do I have to make grooves in the top bit to fit the spindles into?) Can anyone think of anything to cover it with that would be secure and tidy to avoid all the diy stuff!

Thanks for reading this!

Gingham
    May all your dots fall silently to the ground.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

6,553Posts Today

7,716Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta for the info on audio description - much appreciated

• Has anyone been to audio description film showing? Is it thru speakers or sep headset? Is it still watchable if u dont want description

• M'weekly email: Tesco 500pts for all, 15 life hacks inc beat Sky, urgent 3yr 0%,1000 spuds £6, eBay secrets, http://t.co/bS4J70hBbx

• Follow Martin