Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    A. Badger
    How to unblock a shower
    • 30th Apr 08, 11:18 PM
    How to unblock a shower 30th Apr 08 at 11:18 PM
    We moved into a house with a newly installed shower, a few months ago. It's the type of shower that has a small pot to trap hair, bits of soap etc, but the waste pipe has still managed to get blocked, so it's now draining so slowly that there's a danger the tray will overflow.

I bought a round, stainless steel 'snake' to unblock the pipe but when I tried to use it I found the 'well' has a raised based which means there is only a narrow space (not itself blocked) for the water to run away through. The snake can't pass through this so I can't get it down to wherever the blockage may be.

As we are on private drainage into a water treatment system, I don't want to risk using any caustic materials, so, please, has anyone any idea how I can clear this blockage?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

6,227Posts Today

13,044Users online

Martin's Twitter