Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• downshifted
    • By downshifted 7th Apr 08, 11:16 PM
    • 828Posts
    • 1,690Thanks
    Folding shower screen - seal
    • 7th Apr 08, 11:16 PM
    Folding shower screen - seal 7th Apr 08 at 11:16 PM
    Is it possible to replace the rubber seal at the base of a folding shower screen? It stops water seeping between the bath and the screen - except mine is disintegrating!

Thanks for any advice
Page 1
  • djheath
    • 8th Apr 08, 9:19 AM
    • 8th Apr 08, 9:19 AM
    Yes! When I moved into my flat, I had one of these screens in white. Except the seal was black with mould! B&Q sell them in the shower screen aisle. About £10 I think and quite easy to replace, although the screen had to be removed - couple of screws though.

Its comes in black or white.
    • phill99
    • By phill99 16th Apr 08, 9:50 PM
    • 7,174 Posts
    • 6,278 Thanks
    • 16th Apr 08, 9:50 PM
    • 16th Apr 08, 9:50 PM
    I get quite a lot of call outs for these and although re[placing them mis fine, it will only go again. They are the weak spot in over bath shower screens. A longer term solution is to permenantly silicone the bottom of the screen to the bath or to do away with it all together and use a shower curtain.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,180Posts Today

6,473Users online

Martin's Twitter