Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    don_ky01
    NO trickle vents in double glazing
    • 6th Apr 08, 10:30 PM
    NO trickle vents in double glazing 6th Apr 08 at 10:30 PM
    I am experiencing some damp problems and through research have discovered that it is not rising damp or leaks but due to the nature of it 95% probability that it's caused by condensation within the house. I have double-glazing with wooden frames (These were installed prior to my arrival in the house) these do gather condensation on the inside; I suffer dampness on the walls. My research has informed me that I should have trickle vents in the frames, these don't exist!

My question is can I drill the holes to vent the windows myself and if so what diameter hole should I drill in the frames? My guess is 3 - 4 mm and if this is the case, where would I get a long enough drill bit as the frame is 8cm thick and when you take in the extra required for the angle most standard drill bits won't be long enough.

Suggestions please.
    Thanks
    don_ky01
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,414Posts Today

10,021Users online

Martin's Twitter