IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
New cars with free insurance
Closed Thread
Views: 157,468
# 1
DerryBoy
Old 02-04-2008, 7:49 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default New cars with free insurance

Hi,

I have just passed my test and I'm now looking to buy my first car. I have been advised that I should buy an old car as I will probably get a few bumps and dents. However, I am interested by the possibility of buying a new car, something small, that has free insurance for at least a year. I am 26.

Please can anyone advise if they know of any deals that are currently available with free insurance? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!
# 2
nickmack
Old 03-04-2008, 9:21 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerryBoy View Post
I have just passed my test and I'm now looking to buy my first car. I have been advised that I should buy an old car as I will probably get a few bumps and dents. However, I am interested by the possibility of buying a new car, something small, that has free insurance for at least a year. I am 26.

Please can anyone advise if they know of any deals that are currently available with free insurance? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
As you're over 21, getting free insurance with a new vehicle shouldn't be a problem. Just check the costs carefully, as after the first year, you will be paying the insurance premium. If you're stuck in some kind of finance agreement, that you can't exit without penalty and you find insurance is high, it may be a false economy.

Apart from Volvo which ended March, I haven't seen any deals for free insurance. What car/kind of vehicle were you looking at?
# 3
maclean2
Old 03-04-2008, 3:28 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Hi - try www.youngmarmalade.co.uk.The insurance is free at your age and you have a choice of new or nearly new cars.

I have no personal experience of the company but it has been favourably reviewed in the press several times.

Last edited by maclean2; 03-04-2008 at 4:09 PM.
# 4
homer_j
Old 03-04-2008, 4:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to homer_j Send a message via MSN to homer_j

also ensure that you can get proof of your no claims after the year is up transferred to another policy.
I am a Mortgage Adviser
You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
# 5
poppy_f1
Old 03-04-2008, 7:20 PM

you need to balance it up really the cost of an older car + paying for your insurance or buying a new car (prolly with the price slightly inflated) and getting free insurance
The Following User Says Thank You to poppy_f1 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
DerryBoy
Old 03-04-2008, 8:12 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

I am ideally looking for a Renault Clio, Peugeot 206 or Ford Fiesta
# 7
gsmmad
Old 03-04-2008, 10:01 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

ur better off getting a golf mk5 1.4 S ...cheap on insurance and is a decent car and also the price goes down slowly
# 8
princess_vee
Old 09-04-2009, 3:32 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Smile

I know that Vauxhall are currently running an offer on selected models, hope this helps..x

Search on google cars with free insurance, it won't let me post the link as I'm a new user.
# 9
maxjlone
Old 18-04-2009, 2:23 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Many insurers don't offer specific student or young driver car insurance, but may take into consideration your age and current occupation to gauge the correct student car insurance premiums for your situation. This is why as a young driver car insurance policies should be compared and shopped around for, to ensure you get the most suitable policy for you! Cheap car insrance does not always mean the right car insurance.
Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE Forum Team
# 10
dacouch
Old 18-04-2009, 3:36 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Spam reported
# 11
byb3
Old 02-05-2009, 2:35 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Just a warning, the Vauxhall free insurance deal requires you to have held a licence for at least a year.

That'll exclude people passing their test then going straight out to buy a new car!
# 12
dacouch
Old 19-01-2010, 4:41 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Kal2k there are a number of problems with your post

First you are spamming the forum which is against the rules

Second are you aware that it is against the law to pretend to be a satisfied customer on a web forum when you are employed or associated to the company unless you make your position very clear. If your not aware of the law look up the Unfair Business Practices.

Thirdly if you have comprhensive cover all drivers have the same cover

Fourthly you are covered for third party only when driving other cars (and there are limits on what cars you can drive) not third party fire and theft so for someone who is spamming for this company you know very little about insurance which should serve as a warning.

Five you are breaching the FSA rules, I will be sending an email to the FSA informing them of your actions. Could you do yourself a favour and shout over the office to your compliance officer that he will shortly be hearing from the FSA

Email sent to whistle@fsa.gov.uk and a copy of the email sent to the offending website along with a screen print of the pot prior to MSE deleting it

Edit I did email a cc to the email address on their website but got a delivery failure notice, very professional.

So my personal opinion (Nothing to do with MSE) is DO NOT USE isavedmoney.co.uk they spam and their spammers do not even understand how insurance works which is not a great combination...

Last edited by dacouch; 19-01-2010 at 5:11 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dacouch For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 13
payless
Old 25-09-2010, 8:03 PM

some come across this post when searching for something else: the website dacouch rightly exposes is owned by firm that has been discussed a fair few times before over the years here for spamming.
Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.

Last edited by payless; 25-09-2010 at 8:16 PM.
# 14
adamc260
Old 25-09-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerryBoy View Post
Hi,

Cheers!
You could also try the Peugeot 'Just Add Fuel' scheme

For example on the Peugeot 207 it says you get

"From around £207^ per month for a 207 Millesim you’ll get everything you need to get on the road, with complete peace of mind, for three years:

Free Comprehensive Motor Insurance†
Servicing
Breakdown Cover
Road Tax*
Warranty"

Go to Peugeots website - click 'Showroom' at the top, then latest offers and it'll tell you more
# 15
Ian W
Old 25-09-2010, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamc260 View Post
Go to Peugeots website - click 'Showroom' at the top, then latest offers and it'll tell you more
Erm, I think the OP might be sorted by now - given his post was in April 2008!

Payless, old chap, long time no see. What you doing thread resurrecting?

# 16
adamc260
Old 25-09-2010, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian W View Post

Well if hes interested in a new free insurance deal :P
# 17
payless
Old 26-09-2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian W View Post

Ian, yep been a bit of a stranger here for the last 12m, as decided to do some studies, plus have to admit its (MSE) not really the same these days .
( didn't know you were a Lanzarote fan - one of my preferred holiday locations)

As mentioned this thread came up when I was searching for something else.... thought I'll comment as the sister site of the one Dacouch mentioned had been very naughty in the past in spamming... amazingly even with this history - they are actually mentioned as a potential good route in one of Martin's insurance articles .
Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
# 18
whitelightning
Old 07-01-2012, 5:47 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Hi,

Does anyone know which car manufacturers still do schemes with free car insurance? My wife currently has zero NCB so I'm looking at the option of buying a new car which has free insurance. So far I can only find Peugeot doing this with their "just add fuel" deals.

Thanks.
# 19
rocky.raccoon
Old 07-01-2012, 6:12 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Very interested in this subject! Does anyone know more about such schemes?
# 20
CKhalvashi
Old 07-01-2012, 6:27 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to CKhalvashi

We get a years’ free insurance through FordFleet

Apart from that, it maybe worth asking them to chuck this in as part of the package?

Mini were doing £99 insurance when I ordered my niece’s car, Mini Cooper D. Added myself as a named driver to get this!
Irony is America calling itself democratic....

I am here to help, but reserve the right to be blunt.
Next stop: Valetta, Vienna
Closed Thread