Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    Converting a house into two flats
    • #1
    • 19th Mar 08, 8:36 AM
    Converting a house into two flats 19th Mar 08 at 8:36 AM
    Has anyone ever converted a terraced house into two flats and how much did it cost.
    I may buy small terraced house and convert it into two flats, but I am trying to work out how much it will cost.
    I can work out how to fit two bathrooms, two kitchens, split the electrics etc, but am not sure about the costs involved in the actual fire and soundproofing work involved, which I believe there to be some.
    Has anyone ever done this, and how much did it cost.
    Also, as I know that it can vary from area to area, if you did it, where was it eg, midlands, northeast, london etc.
    I have tried to look for the building regs work required, but cannot find it on the web. If I could find this, perhaps I could cost it out better.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

109Posts Today

2,670Users online

Martin's Twitter