Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    wallofbeans
    part time work and jobseekers allowance
    • 24th Feb 08, 12:58 AM
    part time work and jobseekers allowance 24th Feb 08 at 12:58 AM
    im getting jobseekers allowance and a part time job has come up which could lead to more work.. but it doesnt pay enough for me to live on... if i can still claim jobseekers allowance while doing this job then ill be okay to do it and hope that it leads to more hours quickly and/or ill still be looking for another part time job...

the job is a lot less than 16 hours a week and pays about £70 per week before tax... which im guessing will work out about the same as my dole money!

will i still be able to claim jsa? if so, will i get a reduction? does anyone know how much ill get?

im trying to work out if its worth taking? and how much i could make between the job and the jsa to keep me going until i can get more hours or another job...

can anyone advise?

thanks
    Last edited by wallofbeans; 24-02-2008 at 1:20 AM.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

6,461Posts Today

7,756Users online

Martin's Twitter