Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • grace2much
    • By grace2much 24th Jan 08, 10:16 AM
    • 334Posts
    • 35Thanks
    grace2much
    How long to walk around all of ikea
    • 24th Jan 08, 10:16 AM
    How long to walk around all of ikea 24th Jan 08 at 10:16 AM
    Hi, Thinking of going to ikea next week for some browsing. On average, at a leisurely speed how long would it take you to see all the stands/products?

Ikea have a grey path marked on the floor (or something like this) that you can follow to take you round the complete store and this is what I looking to get a idea of time.

Thanks in advance
    “Having, first, gained all you can, and, secondly saved all you can, then give all you can"....John Wesley

---------------------------------------------------
    AMAZON SELLERS CLUB member 0062 come and join us make some space and get hold of some cash, we're on the Ebay Board
Page 1
    • Idiophreak
    • By Idiophreak 24th Jan 08, 10:20 AM
    • 11,636 Posts
    • 15,175 Thanks
    Idiophreak
    • 24th Jan 08, 10:20 AM
    • 24th Jan 08, 10:20 AM
    If you really want to *look* at everything, browse quite carefully, you're best off allowing yourself around half a day - by the time you've wandered, bought stuff, had some meatballs etc - even the quickest of dashes into Ikea to get a couple of bits always takes
    me and hour or so...
    • zfrl
    • By zfrl 24th Jan 08, 10:22 AM
    • 604 Posts
    • 492 Thanks
    zfrl
    • 24th Jan 08, 10:22 AM
    • 24th Jan 08, 10:22 AM
    Even if I go for 1 thing I always allow 3 hours for a visit to Ikea!

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." Winston Churchill

• belfastgirl23
    • By belfastgirl23 24th Jan 08, 4:19 PM
    • 7,682 Posts
    • 15,467 Thanks
    belfastgirl23
    • 24th Jan 08, 4:19 PM
    • 24th Jan 08, 4:19 PM
    I was wondering this too - thanks!

• jamesey07
    • 24th Jan 08, 4:27 PM
    • 24th Jan 08, 4:27 PM
    i've been a few times to ikea and everytime i've been it's taking about 3 hours, you don't see the time going in though as every time i've been when i looked at the clock i've been like :-O 3 hours, but it's class, and will be back again tomorrow
    • belfastgirl23
    • By belfastgirl23 24th Jan 08, 4:47 PM
    • 7,682 Posts
    • 15,467 Thanks
    belfastgirl23
    • 24th Jan 08, 4:47 PM
    • 24th Jan 08, 4:47 PM
    Y'know I think tonight might just be the night for me to finally try it Been meaning to go for ages but every time I drove past there was a tailback. Surely thursday night wouldn't be that popular!

• Ty Tarz
    • 24th Jan 08, 6:59 PM
    • 24th Jan 08, 6:59 PM
    Walked around it for an hour - didn't see a single thing I would like in my house. I know this forum is about money saving, but i would rather spend more on some quality furniture rather than some of the flimsy cheap stuff in IKEA.
    • ballyblack
    • By ballyblack 24th Jan 08, 9:33 PM
    • 3,497 Posts
    • 1,799 Thanks
    ballyblack
    • 24th Jan 08, 9:33 PM
    • 24th Jan 08, 9:33 PM
    3 hours, but it's class, and will be back again tomorrow
    Ever think of getting a life?

Ha Ha
    • LilMissEmmylou
    • By LilMissEmmylou 24th Jan 08, 9:41 PM
    • 1,692 Posts
    • 2,189 Thanks
    LilMissEmmylou
    • 24th Jan 08, 9:41 PM
    • 24th Jan 08, 9:41 PM
    Walked around it for an hour - didn't see a single thing I would like in my house. I know this forum is about money saving, but i would rather spend more on some quality furniture rather than some of the flimsy cheap stuff in IKEA.
    Originally posted by Ty Tarz
    see i love their sofas and those chairs that bounce lol. I figure i paid way too much for my sofa (even on sale and display model!) and next time ill go for a cheapy because this one is already going out of shape after less than 2 yrs. I got an ikea desk last week - love it i guess u have to look to differentiate between their crappy stuff and ok stuff
    • dmxdave
    • By dmxdave 24th Jan 08, 9:45 PM
    • 1,532 Posts
    • 839 Thanks
    dmxdave
    3 hours, but it's class, and will be back again tomorrow
    Originally posted by jamesey07
    NICS Lunchbreak ?
    Dave
    • belfastgirl23
    • By belfastgirl23 24th Jan 08, 10:47 PM
    • 7,682 Posts
    • 15,467 Thanks
    belfastgirl23
    I got around it in about 90 mins. Wouldn't want to spend too much longer, those floors are really hard on the feet, think they must be concrete. I thought the sofas and beds seemed like pretty good deals, also the dining tables and chairs etc. But the only area I was interested in really was bathrooms (we need to replace ours) and wasn't impressed at all by them. The other thing was that I had had a real fancy for a pax wardrobe but a lot of the basket etc attachments felt really flimsy and rubbish...was pretty disappointed with this.

TBH overall not that much better or cheaper than Dekko...but worth a look if you want something in particular.

• tanith
    • By tanith 24th Jan 08, 10:53 PM
    • 7,982 Posts
    • 8,589 Thanks
    tanith
    I can do it in about 15 mins......... if it wasn't for my bad hip I would go faster...

Don't you just hate it that you can't see daylight when you go in Ikea.... its soooooooooooo claustrophobic...
    #6 of the SKI-ers Club

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke
    • Witless
    • By Witless 25th Jan 08, 6:56 AM
    • 545 Posts
    • 2,215 Thanks
    Witless
    NICS Lunchbreak ?
    Originally posted by dmxdave
    :rolleyes:
    Why not?

NICS lunchbreaks aren't paid; the salary is based on a 42 hr gross week with conditioned (net) hours of 37 hrs.

• Reddragon
    Life is too short to walk round Ikea
  • LuciferTDark
    Don't forget your passport when you go.
    Winnings
    01/12/07 Baileys Cocktail Shaker

My other signature is in English.
    • woofwoofwoof
    • By woofwoofwoof 25th Jan 08, 9:25 PM
    • 241 Posts
    • 86 Thanks
    woofwoofwoof
    We went last Friday teatime and even though we didn't look into every cupboard, chest of drawers, didn't have anything to eat at the restaurant, etc it took us 2 hours. Bought some brilliant glasses for £1.49; smashed one on the floor when I got home so I'll have to go back for some more - may go alone next time though as I felt a bit rushed by the OH!!!
    • nuttywoman
    • By nuttywoman 25th Jan 08, 9:35 PM
    • 2,173 Posts
    • 2,168 Thanks
    nuttywoman
    and don`t forget basic survival techniques as well! a mobile phone, a proper tape measure, and last but not least tell someone were you are and the time you`ll be back!
    Enjoy! lol
    We went at 7.30 last night cos its quieter at night, but don`t tell anyone or they`ll all be going ,lol
    • dmxdave
    • By dmxdave 25th Jan 08, 9:49 PM
    • 1,532 Posts
    • 839 Thanks
    dmxdave
    Bought some brilliant glasses for £1.49; smashed one on the floor when I got home so I'll have to go back for some more -
    Originally posted by woofwoofwoof
    Temper temper
    Dave
    • grace2much
    • By grace2much 27th Jan 08, 4:59 PM
    • 334 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    grace2much
    Thanks everyone for the info i think I'll park the caravan in the carpark and make a week of it
    “Having, first, gained all you can, and, secondly saved all you can, then give all you can"....John Wesley

---------------------------------------------------
    AMAZON SELLERS CLUB member 0062 come and join us make some space and get hold of some cash, we're on the Ebay Board
    • icookalot4u
    • By icookalot4u 28th Jan 08, 12:58 PM
    • 241 Posts
    • 151 Thanks
    icookalot4u
    at least you wont have to cook breakfast in the caravan , go for the 95p breakfast and free tea/coffee monday to friday.in the cafe and you might even develope an interest in plane spotting!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

144Posts Today

1,947Users online

Martin's Twitter