Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    blue_monkey
    *IMPORTANT* Do you have a Turkey confirmed on your Tesco Order for HD? Please Read..
    • 19th Dec 07, 7:33 AM
    *IMPORTANT* Do you have a Turkey confirmed on your Tesco Order for HD? Please Read.. 19th Dec 07 at 7:33 AM
    Hi Everyone,

I know this is not a Grabbit but this is really important and there are more people veiwing this page than anywhere else on the site.

3 weeks ago I confirmed my Tesco order and had a fresh turkey crown in my shopping basket, yesterday I went in to add some more bits and after a while I realised that the turkey was not there anymore. I looked for it again to add another and there are no fresh or frozen turkeys available.

I called Tesco and said 'my turkey is not there and I can't find them online'. They THEN told me (reading from a Memo she had been given) that they had a problem with their turkeys and they were not going to be available. I asked why I was not told and she told me that I should have been emailed and called but as of yet I've had neither and my delivery is scheduled for tomorrow - 20th - and I would have been left with no Turkey.

They also told me that on the memo it stated that some people were calling to say that their Fresh turkey was not showing in their shopping basket but not to worry as they WOULD get a turkey. :confused: So, it seems to be something of a lottery as to whether your turkey from Tesco will arrive and you won;t know until it arrives on your doorstep. I've stuck a chicken in my basket to ensure I get something as this is all that is left.

The lady on the phone told me that the best way to ensure I got a Turkey was to - wait for it - go into store and get one!!!!!

So I might as well have not bothered booking the delivery and going into town to shop anyway - the fresh turkeys are not available until 20th December instore!!!!!!!!

Please can you ensure that anyone that might have ordered a fresh turkey on there online Tesco Home Delivery Order is aware of this problem. I am going to post this on the Tesco threads too so please don't shoot my down for spamming but I did think it important that everyone was aware of this problem because Tesco certainly did not tell me that my turkey was no longer available and if you have your delivery scheduled for Xmas Eve you'll be left with no food!!

I am going to turn the chicken away if the turkey arrives so everyone else should do the same as they can;t tell you if you'll get it on the phone but mine is not showing on my order either this or their end. :confused:

Sorry, I know you are going to moan at me but if you had your shopping delivered on Xmas Eve with no turkey then, for some, it would panic stations. So, I'll hang my head in shame and I think I'll brave the public slapping I am going to get from posting here.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

266Posts Today

1,534Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta for the info on audio description - much appreciated

• Has anyone been to audio description film showing? Is it thru speakers or sep headset? Is it still watchable if u dont want description

• M'weekly email: Tesco 500pts for all, 15 life hacks inc beat Sky, urgent 3yr 0%,1000 spuds £6, eBay secrets, http://t.co/bS4J70hBbx

• Follow Martin