Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    kayleigh
    Boiler cover for landlord?
    • 11th Nov 07, 11:48 AM
    Boiler cover for landlord? 11th Nov 07 at 11:48 AM
    I rent out a flat and manage it myself. I had a problem with a boiler last week and had huge problems finding a plumber. My usual one was on holiday and the 8 I called could not come out for at least 24 hours (even the emergency plumber). Was a total nightmare - tennant nearly moved out.

I have therefore decided to get some sort of cover. I looked at the British Gas homecare 200. That would be enough - but are you allowed to use it on rented accomadation? I see they have a landlord cover for 18 a month - but that is more than I need (it gets you a gas certificate - which I already have and my local plumber does them for 40 - hardly worth the extra 7 a month).

I have seen some smaller companies - but no idea how good they are and your unlikely to find out until you really need them.

Does anyone know if I take the cover out - does it actually have to be me living in the property?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,767Posts Today

7,764Users online

Martin's Twitter